How do I file a corporate complaint?
MsAshlee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been attempting to set up an account Verizon for over a week now.

Initially I had set the account up online. It informed me there would be a deposit and the first month's payment of 49.95. I entered my card information, then it gives me a message telling me everything was successful and gave me an order number.

Then I got a call and a message saying I needed to call in to the center to confirm information.

When I called they told me I had to pay the initial deposit of $125 and the first month of $49.95. I told the representative I had already put that information in online and that I had received confirmation everything was successful. Then the representative told me they had to re-issue the order but she would transfer the payment over from the first order.

I later got a voicemail and a letter in the mail saying the payment could not be transferred and I still owed a deposit.

So I then checked my account to make sure the payment had not already been deducted. It had not, so I called back, yet again, to complete the order today.

The representative I spoke to asked all of my information again then informed me the plan I chose was going to be $89.95 per month plus a $125 deposit. I told her the plan I initially chose and signed up for online was the 75/35 internet for $49.95 per month. She told me that they would have to decrease the internet speed to make the payment $49.95 then put me on hold. When she came back so told me they were able to do that package after all at the initial promised price of $49.95. She informed me it would be set up on auto pay and asked my payment information. I gave her my debit card information. Then she said it didnt work and asked me to find my account number and routing number to take the payment directly out of the account. I gave her the information. Then she stated the deposit could not come directly out of the account And she needed my card information again. At this point I was hesitant but still gave her the information.

After finalizing the deposit she started confirming the information and said there was a $69 deposit that they would split into 3 payments on my first 3 bills. This was the first I was hearing about this deposit.

And correct me if I'm wrong but 3 payments divided by 3 months equals $23 per payment. The representative on the phone advised me the first three bills would equal roughly $90...
I had signed up for the $49.95 per month plan... Even when you add a $23 fee to that, the total should not be $90.

I feel I should have been advised of this fee before the deposit was taken from my account. Once the rep got ALL of my person all information and ALL of my account info for 2 separate accounts then she informs me of this fee. When I signed up online it didn't give me and info about this fee. When I talked to the first rep she didn't say anything about it either. And the math was also not adding up.

When I expressed my concern about not being informed of these charges, the representative stated that she did not know of the charge until after taking the deposit, when she got to the summary screen. When I asked why the charge was not discussed in the first 2 attempts to set up service she got very defensive and started speaking over me. She said there are 2 fees. One for $69, and one for $79. She said the $79 was waived but that the $69 fee applies to every customer.

If this fee is applied to every customer then she should have known about the fee and disclosed that information before getting all of my account information. Much less deducting the deposit.

While trying to discuss it with a representative she continued to speak over me and inform me that discussing it would not solve anything. So I asked to speak to a supervisor. To which she responded in a smug tone that she would be happy to contact one...

I then waited on hold for over 20 minutes to speak to manager. The representative checked in with me periodically. Then at one point she said that she had told the supervisor the situation then confirmed it was that I didn't want to pay the $69 fee.

My issue is not that there is a fee. It is that I was not informed of the fee until after they had deducted $125 out of my account and had my payment information. On 2 accounts.

When I stated this to the representative she again got aggressive and started speaking over me and arguing with me. I informed her I did not wish to argue about it, and she put me back on hold waiting for the supervisor.

When the supervisor FINALLY came on the line, she was very mono-tone, however she did give me the chance to explain the situation. I explained it to her then she advised me she will make a note on the account to have the fee waived as well, but that I would have to wait until it was billed then call to get a refund, which would only be given as an account credit.

Since this has already been such a process and I have not received good service thus far, I opted to cancel the order completely and asked if there would be a credit refunded to my card. She informed me I would have to call the disconnect department which wouldn't be open until the next day, so she was requiring me to call bet yet ANOTHER time.

I took down the information to call that department and then ended the call.

Not once in this conversation did either the rep or the manager apologize. They didn't seem to care whether they made the situation right or the order got cancelled. In fact the representative offered to cancel the whole order while I was waiting for the supervisor without me even mentioning cancellation.

This is not good customer service and I would hate to see Verizon lose more customers because of their snide customer service representatives and managers who fail to come to a solution.

Is this how I file a formal complaint or Is there also another place to send this complaint to?

Thank you,
Ashlee {edited for privacy}

Re: How do I file a corporate complaint?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this how I file a formal complaint or Is there also another place to send this complaint to?

Not really.  These forums are use primary for customers to help other customers.  Verizon moderators watch the forums and will escalate issues to the elite support team for issues that appear to need such help.  Your issue may be escalated, or it may not.  if it is escalated, be sure to come back here to read what they post and then follow their instructions.

II'm not aware of any official process Verizon has to file complaints.  They are setup to have customer service reps resolve issues.  If you just want to rant, consider that done.  If you want Verizon to fix your issue, keep working with them, especially if they escalate your issue.  You can also file complaints with the appropriate regulatory authorities, if you think that Verizon isn't following government regulation.

Good Luck.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MsAshlee,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have not heard from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Mitchell

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes