How do I go Dual Band with verizon fios
Plank1

Hello everyone,

I have an Actiontec MI424-WR Rev f. router ...

I am frustrated with my wifi connectivity, I have access to TV streaming websites like the NFL's Game Rewind, etc.. but it seems I can never use the website at the HDTV setting without it pausing continuously ..  I have been reading some about it, and changed channels in the settings (I was also experiencing disconnectivity during microwave operation) .. and that seems to help some ..

After reading how to maximize streaming connections, I would really like to go in the direction of getting a dual router, and slating my main media station used with streaming from the internet on the 5Mhz ..

But I do not know where to really start .. Is it as simple as buying a dual band router and plugging it in?  I tried to see if there was a thread on going "dual band" but I did not seem to find one..

I just don't want to buy things and then discover it won't work with fios etc..

Thanks,

Plank

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I go Dual Band with verizon fios
bbinnard
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes
bbinnard
Contributor - Level 3

I don't stream TV (I use a wired PS3 for that) but this $75 solution worked well for me:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Impressive-WiFi-speed-increase-with-WCB3000N-Wireless-Bri...

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon doesn't actually offer a dual band router (2.4 and 5ghz) but they do offer a dual band wireless extender which is the one noted above. 

Works great too

0 Likes
Plank1

Thanks guys, I ordered it 🙂

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just as an FYI, it appears that Verizon has a new router in the wild that is capable of Wireless AC (and ultiamtely is dual band). Be on the lookout for when those go on sale too.

0 Likes
Plank1

Thank you everyone, this extender worked so well.. I cannot be happier, thanks again!

0 Likes