How do I make a complaint about Fios installation?
Rory2

Hi, can someone let me knwo how to make an official complaint about Fios installation?  I'm a new customer who's just had a horrendous 1 hour 40 min call with Verizon about the installation of my new router. I was advised that to make a complaint I should click Contact Us on the website, but that just brings me to this forum or suggestes I speak to another Live Agent. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: How do I make a complaint about Fios installation?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Rory,

Could you please briefly describe the issue you were having and the nature of your complaint?  Was the problem with your router resolved?

0 Likes
Rory2

Sure;

My roommate is moving out tomorrow and taking her Fios account with her. As such I contacted Verizon and opened a new Fios account under my own name. I spoke to a representative and explained I would like no period without internet connection, as I work from home and rely on WiFi to do my job. I was advised to place an order for a new router and schedule a tech install. I was told that the router would be shipped in a matter of days and I could then self-install, and cancel the tech installation appointment. My tech install is scheduled for Sunday 18th.

The router arrived yesterday and I performed a self-install. The set-up went seamlessly and I was connected to the new account all day Wednesday . Today, however, there was no connection. I contacted Verizon who transferred me between tech support and sales multiple times - all of whom had conflicting reasons for the problem. I was told that it was not a tech issue, as all our Fios equipment was installed last year - and the technician would have nothing to do on-site on Sunday. They could not, however, activate the new account until the install date, on Sunday.

The call took over 1 hour and 40 minutes.

I pleaded with the multiple representatives to bring forward the install date, given there was no tech required on-site. I was told this could not be done. I was given no reason. I requested to speak to a supervisor, but this did not happen. I also asked where I could lodge an official complaint and was directed to verizon.com's contact us section - which has nothing but live chat and forums.

I'm now in a situation where I have no internet connection for 3-4 days and cannot run my business. This is detrimental to my clients, workload and busness partners.

I am a brand new Fios customer and I am absolutely disgusted by this saga. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Rory,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes