How do we uninstall Verizon Fios optimizer, we are running slower
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

How to we uninstall Verizon Fios optimizer? We are running slower more  often since installing the Optimizer.

We installed it last night and now when we run the Verizon Broadband Test we are losing speed instead of gaining anything.

0 Likes
Re: How do we uninstall Verizon Fios optimizer, we are running slower
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon better wise alot of folks are having this same issue if you do a search their Fios speeds are not constant since going to their Optimizer.

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon better wise a lot of folks are having this same issue if you do a search their Fios speeds are not constant since going to their Optimizer.

If you do a search a lot of folks have experienced this slow down and EVEN MORE ARE HAVING PROBLEMS INSTALLING VERIZON IN HOME AGENT, WE TOO CAN NOT INSTALL. 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have a Windows system just run System Restore to the night before. That will remove anything that has changed since then. If you do wish to optimize I advise using TCPOptimizer from SpeedGuide instead. It tends to work well for high speed connections, not to say Verizon's optimization program is bad. It's done wonders too.

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

This worked for me, maybe it will help soemone else. I know I will NEVER USE FIOS OPTIMIZER AGAIN UNLESS SOMEONE CONVINCES ME IT HAS BEEEN FIXED.

Nor will we install I H A again, it has caused us a lot of stress to say the least.

I had In House Agent on the Programs list but it would not un-install it and prevented anything to be done with it. Several other Verizon Fios folks also downloaded the NEW Fios Optimizer and experienced the inconstant speeds etc an slow start ups. They un-installed In House Agent and see their PC and speeds return to normal.

Since I could not delete what remained of an older I N A listed under programs I used PERFECT UN-INSTALLER. I all ready had this and it went through the Un-install and did not cancel it as Windows had on the program list with I H A.

I allowed it to run completely through its program and Perfect Un-install got rid of all traces of I H A and my speeds have returned. Some on the Verizon site forums through they saw a connection with I H A and when they removed the I H A their speeds returned. I could not un-install until I used Perfect Un-install and my speeds and start ups have returned as well.

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

I apologize I did not spell check my last posting. Haste makes waste.

Does Verizon have people try their programs and equipment before making them available to their clients?

I know a great number of software companies ask for people to try Beta programs of something they hope to develop. Often many of the issues that would have caused people real problems are discovered before the program or equipment is released to the pubic.

It appears many Verizon Clients are struggling with the same issues and programs, if testing was done, or it is needs to be done, longer maybe some of these issues would be discovered and corrected.

The FiOS Optimizer has problems, and it seems the same problems and same requests involve the same issues. Maybe these problems could be caught and corrected if Verizon did more Beta testing or asked clients to try the equipment.

Perhaps a person could get a break on their bill or receive a months service for testing beta versions of equipment or programs saving a great deal of stress to other clients.

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

Friendly wrote:

I apologize I did not spell check my last posting. Haste makes waste.

Does Verizon have people try their programs and equipment before making them available to their clients?

I know a great number of software companies ask for people to try Beta programs of something they hope to develop. Often many of the issues that would have caused people real problems are discovered before the program or equipment is released to the pubic.

It appears many Verizon Clients are struggling with the same issues and programs, if testing was done, or it is needs to be done, longer maybe some of these issues would be discovered and corrected.

The FiOS Optimizer has problems, and it seems the same problems and same requests involve the same issues. Maybe these problems could be caught and corrected if Verizon did more Beta testing or asked clients to try the equipment.

Perhaps a person could get a break on their bill or receive a months service for testing beta versions of equipment or programs saving a great deal of stress to other clients.

Simply put, there is no reason to use any ISP software from any provider.  There is little if anything you can do with such software, that you cannot do more effectively using either your own resources (i.e., Google) or a raft of free, well written third party applications.  Even the VZ In Home Agent, which seems better than average in my experience, gives users enough problems to be avoided.  We used to call this stuff "bloatware" a while back, and perhaps the term still applies.

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

"Simply put, there is no reason to use any ISP software from any provider.  There is little if anything you can do with such software, that you cannot do more effectively using either your own resources (i.e., Google) or a raft of free, well written third party applications.  Even the VZ In Home Agent, which seems better than average in my experience, gives users enough problems to be avoided.  We used to call this stuff "bloatware" a while back, and perhaps the term still applies."

I was only talking about some ISP beta software as an example when I was talking about Verizon Software being tested more completely.

I downloaded the NEW FiOS Optimer and immediately my speeds became slower and inconstant, immediately. What we were told would speed up our speeds did the exact opposite and apparently for a good number of faithful Verizon clients.

Then I searhed for a way to un-install it on Verizon the company who issued the Optimizer. 

99.9% SOFTWARE PROGRAMS provide a un-install or one from the Programs List in Windows. The Optimer has neither it took a day and what I did discover was I WAS ONLY ONE OF MANY MANY people who discovered this as well.

Finally I tried something on my own, I had not been able to install I H A ever on our HP Laptop because of pieces or left over files from an earlier install. Again after hours of searching and trying different suggestions I got the old files out and off our HP.

I am not trying to be difficult I was only trying to help. When a person sees the amount of entries on the Verizons Forums they have to ask the question why.

For us FiOS has been the best thing since sliced bread, the very few times I called support and spoke to the techs they all knew what they were doing. We greatly appreciate FiOS it is so much better then anything we have had in the past and I live in this neighborhood since 1948. We have had every ISP service offered living in center city. Verizon is GREAT and I was only trying to suggest something to test programs like Optimizer before it is released because the FiOS Optimizer has some real issues.

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Friendly wrote:

For us FiOS has been the best thing since sliced bread, the very few times I called support and spoke to the techs they all knew what they were doing. We greatly appreciate FiOS it is so much better then anything we have had in the past and I live in this neighborhood since 1948. We have had every ISP service offered living in center city. Verizon is GREAT and I was only trying to suggest something to test programs like Optimizer before it is released because the FiOS Optimizer has some real issues.

Ditto on all counts.  Nonetheless I stand by my low opinion of most, if not all, ISP supplied utilities including the available security suites.  I can, off the top of my head, list at least five free security utilities that outshine the commercial offerings, including anything offered by the ISPs.  And by the way, I'm far from a pro or expert.

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

Neither am I a pro, only at asking questions and searching for answers maybe.

Our Verizon FiOS installer went to GREAT lengths to install our FiOS service correctly, then on his own he called the next day to see if we had any questions or problems. NO ONE does this anymore, he was sharp.

Eastern PA had an outage this past week, for maybe an hour.

IT WAS THE FIRST TIME SINCE WENT TO VERISON AND THEN DSL THIS HAPPENED to us. It was a nothing, we quickly accessed the problem and waited until it was up and running, it was in no time at all.

One of our other ISPs had weekly outages, it got so bad I was keeping a record of all the time we could not watch the TV and said I would deduct it out of our bill.

Believe me we had everyone down here and Verizon and its people have been the best.

0 Likes