How do you port forward a dvr home security camera using Actiontec Wi424wr router
frank323

I been on this for days now.  I viewed the videos, I read the websites and I'm still not able to remotely view my camera.  Is there a step I am missing?  Do I have to make a change in the Windows program too?   ActionTec and Verizon what am I'm missing?  Thanks for any help. 

0 Likes
Re: How do you port forward a dvr home security camera using Actiontec Wi424wr router
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you provide a screenshot of your Port Forwarding Entries in the router? What particular DVR (or otherwise, what ports does it needs) do you need to set up?

0 Likes
Re: How do you port forward a dvr home security camera using Actiontec Wi424wr router
frank323

Destination Ports 8888
TCP Any -> 8888
UDP Any -> 8888
All Broadband DevicesActive  

Destination Ports 44
TCP Any -> 44
UDP Any -> 44
All Broadband Devices

These are the ports.  The DVR manaul lists 9000 as the media port and 80 as the web port.  but then I heard that verizon blocks 80?

0 Likes
frank323

Destination Ports 9000
TCP Any -> 9000
UDP Any -> 9000

Destination Ports 80
TCP Any -> 80
UDP Any -> 80

I used the ports as stated in the manual.  I do get to see the cameras on the web when I type in the external ip address and port 80.  The problem I am having is that I do not remotely view the camera from my iphone using 3g.  I do get it using wifi.  is there something i am missing?  Thanks!

0 Likes
frank323

Does anybody have a solution???

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you configure a Static DHCP entry for the camera or set it up with a Static IP address? The two port forwarding entries, while they seem to be fine (while I am no export with port forwarding on the ActionTecs), are pointing to two different IP addresses. Double check your Port Forwarding and put the camera onto a Static IP/Static DHCP entry so the camera does not pull a new IP address.

To the above, are these separate DVR + Camera units or does the camera tie directly into the DVR and what you're remoting into is actually the DVR?

Verizon by the way, does not block Port 80. They might block it on a case by case basis, but they removed those restrictions two years ago.

0 Likes
saleem403

help me.

0 Likes
yesrick1

You should be able to reach the insider camera's by typing in the wan address then :port number. I'm assuming you have already assigned to the port number to the camera so the internal address is i.e.. 192.168.1.65:9000.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Common Problems & Fixes For Port Forwarding.
if you run out of ideas take a look at this.  

wojtek666

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue. I set up the WebPort on the DVR as 8000 and the media port as 9000. I set up a DVR with a static IP 192.168.1.99, mask 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.1.1, DNS 192.168.1.1. I set up the port forwarding for both tcp and udp to correctly as per my discussion with verizon tech support however I can only access the dvr from inside my network and not from the outside or from a 4g phone. Any clues if I might be missing a step in a config? Thanks a lot in advance

0 Likes