How Fios finally lost me
rickb1974

I was ready to suck up the new router maintenance fee or buy a new router, even though I was annoyed. I was annoyed because as I went into my account online, I saw that Fios considered my router warranty status as "unlimited". I couldn't (and still can't) see how charging me a maintenance fee or making me replace my router is part of an "unlimited" warranty, but eh, I could let it slide.

But then I noticed something else in my account. It was called "Fios Hotspots". Hmm. What was it? When did it appear there? I was intrigued.

I saw that it was only applicable for pc's. Oh, well, that's okay. I still wanted it. So I saw I had to download "wifi connect" in order to use it. Ok, so I did it. But oops, it didn't work. It told me to "try again later". Oh, okay. So I tried again later. Same thing happened. Hmm. So I tried again even later. Same thing.

So I ended up calling tech support. The rep I spoke to seemed to have no idea what I was talking about, but that didn't stop her from keeping me on the phone while she pretended to investigate the problem. She kept telling me she was waiting for my account to come up, but it sounded like she wanted me to hang up. Then I realized that was exactly her plan. She finally said "Fios hotspots are for mobile users. You need to speak to them." I told her she was wrong and that it was specifically for pc's and that it was a Fios thing not VZW. "Umm, oh yeah. But um, we don't handle that here. Yeah, um. VZW handles that," she told me and then switched me to them.

I hung up and called back, figuring I'd give it one more try. This rep was more helpful. She understood my problem and was familiar with Fios hotspots...but she still had no idea how to help me. So she told me she would switch me to "advanced support". "Ok, great!" I said. I was excited that I might be actually getting somewhere.

The next conversation solidified my decision to RUN away from Fios and never look back. A woman, who sounded drunk, told me she was "advanced support" and continued to babble on about her home wifi connection and this and that and the other. She seemed partially interested in my situation, so I hung in there waiting for her to help me while she spoke about her family and how it was her birthday on Monday. Then when it finally seemed like she was going to address my problem, she confessed that she was not "advanced support" but that she was actually a sales rep and that she wanted to sell me a protection plan for $10 a month.

That was it. I am leaving tomorrow, and I won't ever be back.

0 Likes
Re: How Fios finally lost me
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rickb1974,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes