How to clear old devices from My Network list on Verizon Quantum Gateway G1100?
julessss1
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are a bunch of devices that haven't been on the network for two weeks (when I set up the new router) and won't be on again ever in My Network (http://myfiosgateway.com/#/network). I've blocked them but want to remove them so they aren't in the list. How can I do this?

On http://myfiosgateway.com/#/advanced/dhcp/connections the devices that haven't been on in two weeks are showing as active there, however my work laptop is showing as expired even though it was connected several days ago. I can delete the expired one - all the other old ones are still active. Smiley Frustrated

Confuzzling, especially considering there are 73 days left on the IP address lease of the never-to-be-seen-again devices, while a device that connected for the first time today has 3 hours left.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to clear old devices from My Network list on Verizon Quantum Gateway G1100?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Quantum router is a bit annoying with regards to DHCP lease times.  Even though you can set a time limit, it won't use that limit if the device asks for a specific timeout.  iThings have a habit of asking for 90 day leases, which the Quatum router happily hands out even if it's configured for 12 hours.

If rebooting the router doesn't get rid of the zombie devices, go into the DHCP settings and change them to "static lease type."  Then, a delete option will appear in the DHCP table and you can zap the zombies.

Enjoy.

View solution in original post

Re: How to clear old devices from My Network list on Verizon Quantum Gateway G1100?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Reboot the router and they should be gone.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Quantum router is a bit annoying with regards to DHCP lease times.  Even though you can set a time limit, it won't use that limit if the device asks for a specific timeout.  iThings have a habit of asking for 90 day leases, which the Quatum router happily hands out even if it's configured for 12 hours.

If rebooting the router doesn't get rid of the zombie devices, go into the DHCP settings and change them to "static lease type."  Then, a delete option will appear in the DHCP table and you can zap the zombies.

Enjoy.

jcpicard1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a similar situation.  If the devices disappear after I block them and reboot the router, will those devices still be able to conncect ok the next time that I do want to connect them?  Or will they still be "blocked" in some way because I blocked them before the reboot?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Thanks!
julessss1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I rebooted but some/all zombies didn't go away - changing to static worked! Kudos to both of you. 🙂

0 Likes
Blocking
julessss1
Enthusiast - Level 2

In my situation, the blocked ones did not disappear after reboot.

@jcpicard wrote:

I have a similar situation.  If the devices disappear after I block them and reboot the router, will those devices still be able to conncect ok the next time that I do want to connect them?  Or will they still be "blocked" in some way because I blocked them before the reboot?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Blocking
nico213
Enthusiast - Level 3

unblock all you want to delete from router so it can read them as disconnected then reboot router...takes @5 mins. or less I did this and got rid of set top boxes and android box

0 Likes
DC-kch30307

Hi all - so was looking for a way to clear out some stale devices from my Vz Router, and like some others on this thread found that even a router reboot doesn't seem to do it in all cases.  I did notice when logging into the router in the Advanced Settings under "Save and Restore Router Configuration" that there is some sort of cloud based backup enabled by default.  So question - would this backup include the device lists and would it then restore these after a reboot?  I can't think how else these stale devices would survive otherwise...

0 Likes
semplar

I tried the static lease type, but it would not work because there was a second entry with the same host name (device was used on wifi and ethernet).

I found a workaround by changing the DHCP server's IP range. This seems to have cleared all leases.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes