How to connect Eeros 6 pro to CR1000A router (Verizon Internet and TV)
Griffin21

Hi. I recently upgraded my Fios internet to 1GB. I have Fios TV and the newest router (CR1000A Fios Gateway). This router has a ethernet and coaxial plugged into it. Ethernet is for the internet and coaxial is for the TV. I'm interested in connecting a Eeros 6 plus or Eeros 6 pro mesh system to improve internet connectivity throughout the house. I have read about bridging and double NAT. Can anyone provide the best way to connect Eeros to the Verizon Fios TV and internet?  Thank you!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to connect Eeros 6 pro to CR1000A router (Verizon Internet and TV)
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have Fios TV One (or if I got that so close, Fios One TV), you must have their NAT router connected to the ONT.

To avoid double NAT, therefore you must convert the second NAT into acting as if was only a hub/switch/WAP. The info from https://forums.verizon.com/t5/g1100-bridging-guide/bd-p/g1100-bridging-guide tells how to do if you had the G1100. If you do not have that NAT router, then basicly the same thing. 

#1 Second NAT router:

a) not connected to the primary NAT until told to do so.

b) LAN IP gets changed so that it is in the same subnet as the primary NAT router. Ex with primary NAT router at 192.168.1.1 with the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 (or /24 - called slash notation) you might choose to use 192.168.1.254 / 24

c) DHCP Server gets disabled.

#2 Now you can connect the second NAT router to the primary NAT router.

View solution in original post

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have Fios TV One (or if I got that so close, Fios One TV), you must have their NAT router connected to the ONT.

To avoid double NAT, therefore you must convert the second NAT into acting as if was only a hub/switch/WAP. The info from https://forums.verizon.com/t5/g1100-bridging-guide/bd-p/g1100-bridging-guide tells how to do if you had the G1100. If you do not have that NAT router, then basicly the same thing. 

#1 Second NAT router:

a) not connected to the primary NAT until told to do so.

b) LAN IP gets changed so that it is in the same subnet as the primary NAT router. Ex with primary NAT router at 192.168.1.1 with the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 (or /24 - called slash notation) you might choose to use 192.168.1.254 / 24

c) DHCP Server gets disabled.

#2 Now you can connect the second NAT router to the primary NAT router.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes