How to disable ads on Fios router?
FDR1968
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am getting Roku commercials on some of my Roku channels.  It just started and it's really annoying.  I was told that if I logged into my router that I would be able to disable ads on my Roku.  I logged into my router but was unable to find a way to disable ads.  Is this possible?

0 Likes
Re: How to disable ads on Fios router?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The FiOS router doesn't have the ability to block advertisements. You can, however, set up a PiHole and direct your FiOS router to resolve DNS against the PiHole. 

https://pi-hole.net

This method isn't fool proof, but can help.

0 Likes
Re: How to disable ads on Fios router?
jonjones1
Legend

@fdr1968 wrote:

I am getting Roku commercials on some of my Roku channels.  It just started and it's really annoying.  I was told that if I logged into my router that I would be able to disable ads on my Roku.  I logged into my router but was unable to find a way to disable ads.  Is this possible?

The ads do not come from your Verizon Router.

we have two Roku devices and in each case you can set what you don’t want on the device screen. Occasionally there is a little box on the right side of the screen showing a new channel or event. However these are controlled through the settings on the Roku and not on the router.

Your router gives you access to the internet. Not ads pushed to your Roku