Re: How to file a complaint with Verizon customer service
me881
Enthusiast - Level 2

technical support are only qualified to deal with basic situations, the training they receive and what they do from wherever they are is what Verizon, the company gives them, if one of them does something outside of what they taught them they give them a warning... so... we must put ourselves in their shoes also

0 Likes
Re: Version Customer Service Designed to Block Access, Waste Time, and Confound Customers
totallyuseless

They are offensive and useless.

0 Likes
JEAN3121

I CAN NOT GET HELP WITH A BAD HD RECORDED BOX. ITS BAD AND AFTER 3 LONG PHONE CALLS. I STILL CAN NOT GET ANY ONE TO JUST SEND ME A NEW RECORDER BOX AND I WILL SEND THIS ONE BACK.

WE ARE SO UPSET WITH VERIZON AND PAY ALOT OF MONEY WITH VERIZON , JUST WANT TO GET THIS EQUIPMENT CHANGED. HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO WATCH HD CHANNELS ON THAT SET TOP BOX FOR OVER 3 MONTHS.

WE SPEND ALO OF MONEY WITH VERIZON AD T WANT TO USE WHAT WE PAY FOR EVERY MONTH.

THEY ARE THE WORST PEOPLE TO WORK WITH.

YOURS ED & JEAN

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

JEAN3121, 

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look down the middle towards the bottom where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
customerdjt

Following the link you provided got me to a Verizon dead end --

Bad request

Your browser sent a query this server could not understand.

I've been having problems with Verizon dead ends for about 2 hours. I am about to start a new post on this public board to complain, since Verizon doesn't offer a direct way to express dissatisfaction.

0 Likes
customerdjt

I've just gone through 2 hours of frustration trying to communicate with a live person at Verizon to get my phone service fixed.

A few days ago, I went through the online diagnostics which were not designed to diagnose my problem, but access to automated online support was all I could find. (The logic of the Verizon website escapes me. Sometimes I can find what I need, but more often than not, I wander around before it appears unexpectedly.) Eventually I found that the 1-800-Verizon number was the only way I'd possibly get through to a live person. But it was too late to call.

I hate 1-800-Verizon. You spend so much time going through the menus and the automated diagnostics that Chat might possibly be a better use of your time. At least it seems as if you're getting something accomplished. (Both options take forever.)

OK. Thursday at about 11:30 am, I keyed my question into Chat. Response -- sorry, chat isn't available.

I phone the dreaded 1-800-Verizon at 11:47. I start working my way through the menus and automated diagnostics. I'm asked for my Account Number. Who knows their account number? They say it's on your bill. I have paperless billing (encouraged by Verizon) so I don't have a bill readily accessible. While I search through my file cabinet for and old paper bill, I get one more prompt and then the option to say how much my last bill was. Before I can come up with a satisfactory answer, my call gets transferred to "dead air."

I call again. It's 11:54. I have my old paper bill handy, but it has too many numbers for the account number. Before I can switch screen and look for the info I need on MyVerizon, my call gets transferred to "dead air" again. I call again at 11:59. Now I have all the information they need at my fingertips, I enter it, and I'm asked to create a 4-digit PIN. I enter 1 digit and stop because that's not what I wanted to enter, and my call is transferred to "dead air."

The phone option clearly isn't working for me, so I decide to try Chat again. It's working. I start my Chat at 12:08. And we go through the same diagnostics that I've been through 4 times already. Finally we try a new diagnostic which leads to a request to me to grab a screwdriver and a corded phone and go outside the house and run another test. That wasn't something I was willing to do. I knew a Verizon technician was going to have to come to my home, so why should I go outside and do part of his job? Chat said it was necessary to detemine what parts the tech should bring, but since I wasn't willing to do the work, I was instructed to call Technical Customer Service at 888-553-1555. I asked Chat not to disconnect until I confirmed that I reached I live person on the phone. I didn't. "Dead air" again. Chat said call 1-800-Verizon and to say "Agent." I didn't get that far. 1-800-Verizon was "dead air." Chat transferred me to another person on Chat to set up an appointment. (I've been on Chat about 45 minutes at this point.)

New chat person now says that we can schedule someone to come out and install a new jack for $85. I've been paying the Inside Wiring Fee for 20 years -- probably over $2,000 -- but I'm told I have to pay $85 because she doesn't consider this a repair -- it's making a new service work correctly. She looks for an appointment time without asking what day is good for me and comes back with choices that won't work for me. Finally, after 65 minutes of Chat, I have an appointment. Total elapsed time to make an appointment -- phone plus chat -- 105 minutes.

I then spent another hour trying to figure out how to communicate the problem to Verizon -- ending up on this Forum since the Contact Us link on the Verizon website is disconnected. That added another hour. Verizon, you have stolen 2 hours and 45 minutes from my life!

0 Likes
liveaudio
Enthusiast - Level 2
Hey users...

The promise of great service was compelling enough to make me switch all services from COX but the grim reality is that Verizon is a nightmare. Much slower internet speeds and utility than promised. Impossible customer service, etc..

The bailout fee is punishing but seems to be a reasonable option considering the overall scheme of things.
0 Likes
liveaudio
Enthusiast - Level 2
Another lame Verizon disclaimer... One thing Verizon is, in fact, good at. Legal disclaimers and hold-harmless agreements.
0 Likes
wllongm

I was not have lost my job as a personal assistant because I  was not able to perform a simple blackberry phone activation with international dialing and global roaming.  After A SOLID MONTH of getting the runaround on the phone, being transferred to several departments - I've lost count - and being subjected to trivial security checks and assured the phone was working, my boss flew to Switzerland and was still unable dial out or have any phone usage.  I was promptly dismissed.  Today I have been on the phone for over 1.5 hours, trying to speak to someone to file a formal complaint.  I will not hold my breath.  Right now, I just want acknowledgement of their incompetence an apology, and a written verification sent to my former employer. I am hoping to salvage a letter  of recommendation out of this.

I want to know where to send an email.

0 Likes
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi wllongm,

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you.

AnnieS

0 Likes