How do i open NAT Type on PS3

Need help

Re: How to Open NAT Type on PS3?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

It would help to know at least..

#1 The brand and model of your router.

#2 Since you have FIOS, do you also have FIOS TV ?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Actually shouldn't have to do anything special on the common FIOS supplied routers.  UPnP should take care of everything.  If it is not working for you please identify router.

0 Likes
Xclusive1
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Router is : MI424WR

AND YES I HAVE FIOS TV

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Do have only one or at least two special computers that support Universal Plug and Play (UPnP). where you can not define the ports that they use?

A perfect example. At least two game consoles. Any two (Two Xboxes, two Playstations, One Xbox and one Playstation).

#2 If you have at least two special computers that support Universal Plug and Play (UPnP). where you can not define the ports that they use: Do you only use one at a time or are there times when at least two are on?

#3 In the router go to Advanced -> IP Address Distribution or to Advanced -> Private LAN (which ever exist in your router)

#4 What is the Starting and Ending IP Address?

#5 Do you have extra router, besides your Actiontec MI424WR?

If not, the map of your network is..

Fibrer Wire -> ONT -> (Since you have FIOS TV) Moca Wire-> Actiontec MI424WR -> Wires (or not using Wires, Wireless) to your computer(s).

#6 If an extra router is present:

a) What is the brand and model of it?

b) Where does it fit in that map of your network, as shown above?

0 Likes
Xclusive1
Enthusiast - Level 3

1# One Xbox and One Playstation 3

2# I Use one at a time

3# and 4#  Staring and Ending 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.254

5# No

6# No Extra Router 

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

When you run the network test on the PS3 what is shown?  what NAt type?

Xclusive1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nat Type 2

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Nat 2 is the best you are going to get, and fine for gaming.  With FIOS residential services your devices in your Network are not directly connected to the Internet.  Note uPnP should open the ports you need, but if it doesn't there is doc on what ports need to be opened for the PS3.

From Sony doc

"The NAT type checks how the PS3 system is connected to the Internet. This information can be used to judge the ease or difficulty of connecting to other PS3 systems when using voiceIvideo chat or the communication features of games.

• Type 1: Connected directly to the Internet

• Type 2: Connected to the Internet via a router

• Type 3: Connected to the Internet via a router

With type 3, it may not be possible to communicate with other Ps3 systems, and voice I video chat and the communication features of games may be restricted. Opening specific ports can change your NAT to type 2".

0 Likes
grmngrl90

for optimal connection for playing online with only one ps3 i should just use an ethernet cable and wire it into the router then? I am not very tech savy but i know i need an open nat type or as close to it as i can get but i can't access my router information. can anyone help me?!

0 Likes