Huge packet losses and While on discord / playing blizzard games
Grk2

My network seems to be having a lot of problems with packet loss currently. Its been about 12-13 days now and I don't see anything that could possibly help fix this issue. I was trying to run winMTR to detect where im losing packets but verizon for some odd reason only shows up 1 hop to destination. All 3 of my computers that are wired in are all having the same issue. I saw online there was a "solve" with some intel NIC which was disabling TCP Checksum Overload for IPv6. But that didn't solve my problem. Any other solutions anyone can give me?

Edit :
Also been on the phone with verizon tech like 4 times so far and they sent out someone to change my ONT and my router. I currently have the cr1000A router if that helps in anyway

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Huge packet losses and While on discord / playing blizzard games
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

WAN IPv6 and traceroute fixes are shipped together. If your ICMP traceroute only shows one to two hops, that means you don't have IPv6 enabled yet, so IPv6 Checksum issue is irrelevant to your situation. UDP based traceroute can still be used and is the standard method of traceroute for Linux systems.

When you contact the official support, did you ask the analyst to check your PON (fiber) noise and power levels? Also, are your Fios neighbors experiencing the same issue?

View solution in original post

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 While we get that you have FIOS Internet, do you also have FIOS TV?

b) Only if so, do you have just FIOS TV or FIOS TV One (or what it is called: FIOS One TV)?

#2 Have you for testing reasons only bypassed your NAT router and connect directly the ONT (Note this assumes that the wire from the ONT is ethernet and not Moca)?

b) Only if so, do/did you get huge packet losses and While on discord / playing blizzard games?

#3 Depeding on the protocol used with trace route (Ex: ICMP vs UDP) you may or may not get the results that you expect to get (ex that issue of only one hop away vs what you expect to see for a place that is more far away).

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

WAN IPv6 and traceroute fixes are shipped together. If your ICMP traceroute only shows one to two hops, that means you don't have IPv6 enabled yet, so IPv6 Checksum issue is irrelevant to your situation. UDP based traceroute can still be used and is the standard method of traceroute for Linux systems.

When you contact the official support, did you ask the analyst to check your PON (fiber) noise and power levels? Also, are your Fios neighbors experiencing the same issue?