I am not able to connect some Korean website by DNS problem.
ironball

I am a korean journalist, working for the Korea Times.

So I need to connect to some korean newspaper websites.

I have been in a trouble to get in touch with those websites without knowing any reason.

0 Likes
Re: I am not able to connect some Korean website by DNS problem.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

It's possible it is a DNS problem. 

Use this link to try to use open DNS instead

0 Likes
brocker1

We have been having the same problem since November 28th with websites whose DNS is in South Korea. But it hasn't been solved yet.

We called Verizon, and they said it was a problem with a network managed by Above.net. So we called Above.net/Zayo, and they said to check on that network, we need to give them a circuit ID. So we called Verizon to find a circuit ID, but they had trouble finding our account. While they were looking for the account, the phone would cut out, even though there was a good signal on our end. This happened 3 times. 

How can this problem be fixed?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If it's an issue with a network managed by Above.net, then only they can assist you.

above.net isn't linked with verizon and doesn't  have access to Verizon's inventory, so when they say ckt ID, they are not likely talking about your Verizon ckt.    

They are probably talking about the ckt id for the Connection that is failing.

do a traceroute and share that IP address and Router name with them.

they should be able to cross reference it like that.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Also you should be able to temporarily access it with a proxy. Go to https://www.megaproxy.com/freesurf/

Or simply get a VPN..

This solution is not for the identical problem that you have but it may be the same solution for both problems.

Try it and let us know if it works for you.

Go to Solution.

0 Likes