I can't forward my ports and it's driving me nuts anyone know why? FiOS-G1100
iamelmo1

I have the Fio's router G1100 and I've been trying to forward ports such as 7777,8000,8080 to no avail. I've tried different combinations of ip addresses, TCP, UDP, both and none of it works. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or missing a step but help would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I can't forward my ports and it's driving me nuts anyone know why? FiOS-G1100
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

So the first steps I take whenever troubleshooting a port forwarding issue are the following.

1. Check the router's firewall. It should be set to "Low" or "Off" for Port Forwarding to work correctly. At the Medium and High settings, services tend to be pretty locked down. Which is good in some environments. Not in the one you're try to set up though.
  2. Disable UPnP. This can be found in the router's Advanced settings. UPnP can cause port forwards to be overwritten or ignored.

From there, just to clarify how your rules are written, you have "TCP ANY --> 8080" and not something like "8080 --> TCP ANY" correct?

View solution in original post

Re: I can't forward my ports and it's driving me nuts anyone know why? FiOS-G1100
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Syntax of forwarding rules is important.

Can you post an example of a rule you have tried to implement?

iamelmo1

I would add a custom port

TCP to any 8080

and another one UDP any 8080

Using my external IP

and I would check my connection to port 8080 and it's still closed.

I tried other ports and tried to do exactly what tutorials ask me to do, I pushed the port through my firewall on both my router and pc still to no avail.

{edited for privacy}
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

So the first steps I take whenever troubleshooting a port forwarding issue are the following.

1. Check the router's firewall. It should be set to "Low" or "Off" for Port Forwarding to work correctly. At the Medium and High settings, services tend to be pretty locked down. Which is good in some environments. Not in the one you're try to set up though.
  2. Disable UPnP. This can be found in the router's Advanced settings. UPnP can cause port forwards to be overwritten or ignored.

From there, just to clarify how your rules are written, you have "TCP ANY --> 8080" and not something like "8080 --> TCP ANY" correct?

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.