I can't go to the website I used to go to when I have brighthouse.
RexleyFun

I used to go to a website: www.passiontimes.hk

I think it's blocked by Verizon during the protesting period last week in Hong Kong and hasn't been activated again.  please reactivate it for me.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: I can't go to the website I used to go to when I have brighthouse.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

We have tried pinging Passiontimes website using our server and the website returned the above results. If passiontimes.hk is down for us too there is nothing you can do except waiting. Probably the server is overloaded, down or unreachable because of a network problem, outage or a website maintenance is in progress...

Website Name:passiontimes.hk

URL Checked: no response
Response Time:unknown

Last Down:
DOWN
Passiontimes.hk is DOWN for everyone.
It is not just you. The server is not responding...
RexleyFun

I have Verizon Wireless service also.  I am able to go to the website www.passiontimes.hk with LTE service.  once i switch back to WI-FI which go through the verizon router in my house or my restaurant, I can't reach the website again.  it's not the website is down, it IS Verizon's problem.  please investigate and let me know what happen.  Thanks.

0 Likes
viafax
Contributor - Level 1

I can get there from an at&t phone too but not via my fios connection which is odd as I am not using the Verizon DNS servers.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

When I posted that, it was from a website called www.isitdownrightnow.com/   where they monitor website outages. 

That website today also reports that it's still down.   are you sure you're able to get there from alternate internet services.   that website is not affliated with Verizon, so I am surprised if you're able to get there anymore.  

Website Name:

passiontimes.hkURL Checked:
no responseResponse Time:
unknownLast Down:
DOWN
Passiontimes.hk is DOWN for everyone.
It is not just you. The server is not responding...

That website also goes on to say

Can't Access Passiontimes - Troubleshooting Instructions

If the site is UP but you cant access the page, try one of the below solutions:

Browser Related Problems

Force a full refresh for the site. This can be achieved by pressing CTRL + F5 keys at the same time on your favourite browser (Firefox, Chrome, Explorer, etc.)

Clear the temporary cache and cookies on your browser to make sure that you have the most recent version of the web page. For instructions choose your browser :

Fix DNS Problems

A Domain Name System (DNS) allows a site IP address (192.168.x.x) to be identified with words (*.com) in order to be remembered more easily, like a phonebook for websites. This service is usually provided by your ISP.

Clear your local DNS cache to make sure that you grab the most recent cache that your ISP has. For Windows - (Start > Command Prompt > type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter). For details choose your operating system :

If you can access a website at office or from a 3G network yet it's not working on your computer, it is a good idea to use an alternative DNS service other than your ISPs. OpenDNS or Google Public DNS are both excellent and free public DNS services.

Check our help page for step-by-step instructions on how to change your DNS.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

How odd,  I can't get there from work (maybe they block it) but I tried from my fios and I could get there from my fios connection.

maybe you guys have a bad route, or are on a common subnet that's passiontimes is blocking.

Try getting a new IP Address and see if that helps.

Actiontec MI424-WR - RELEASE DHCP

Log into router http://192.168.1.1  and user and password should be on the router, or is the serial number for it

then
Click on MY NETWORK icon at the top.
Select NETWORK CONNECTIONS from the menu on the left.
Select BROADBAND CONNECTION (coax or ethernet) depending on your connection to the ONT.
Click SETTINGS
Click RELEASE
Click APPLY
Disconnect the router immediately to prevent it from re-requesting a DHCP lease.

leave it off at least 5-10 minutes, and power it back on and then try to access.   you have to leave it off that amount of time, otherwise you end up on the same subnet most of the time

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Looks like the problem I'm seeing from my end is due to a DNS resolution issue. My DNS provider doesn't seem to be able to resolve the records for the site.

C:\Users\>nslookup www.passiontimes.hk 4.2.2.2
Server: b.resolvers.Level3.net
Address: 4.2.2.2

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: pagespeed.googlehosted.com
Addresses: 2404:6800:4003:c02::79
Aliases: www.passiontimes.hk

C:\Users\>nslookup www.passiontimes.hk
Server: resolver1.opendns.com
Address: 208.67.222.222

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to resolver1.opendns.com timed-out

I am assuming they are just having a temporary problem for now. You may want to at a minimum, try changing your DNS Servers if you're getting a "NXDOMAIN" or "Domain not found" error message from your browser. Or, if you receive the same thing I do at the second nslookup.

0 Likes
FreezeEx1
I don't think this is a temporary problem,
it has already been 5 month since the last post and the site is still unreadable from fioz.
Anybody care to give any solution or explanations?
0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

I still have no issues getting there.  I do not use Verizon DNS servers

0 Likes
GreenPepper1

same thing is happening to me, I called them this morning and can't find the solution yet

0 Likes