I have FIOS internet but Verizon claims my address is not supported by FIOS
Illjazz

This may sound ridiculous (but in fact it is), but I just found out from a customer service representative that my address is not supported for Verizon FIOS internet, despite the fact that I have optical fiber coming into the apartment and FIOS service for the past 7 months.

I was told that despite I am sitting on fiber optics connection, in Verizon's internal system it is "high speed internet" not FIOS.

Interestingly, on Verizon's customer's website the system recognizes the address as FIOS-compatible when I try to sign up for a new service.

I really hope that Verizon can pull their shdatabases together, this circus has been going on for more than 2 weeks. It's an unacceptably long time to change one entry in their address database.

0 Likes
Re: I have FIOS internet but Verizon claims my address is not supported by FIOS
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Illjazz,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes