I seem to have blocked internet access for myself at night!
Mirkwood
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am somehow not getting internet signal from the 2.4 and 5ghz radios at night.  Right at 6am they pop back on.

This seems like a ghost of the parental controls I had in place but have since deleted as part of troubleshooting. (They shouldn't have applied to this MAC address anyways.)

Could there be another place this is scheduled that's not per-device?

Ironically the Guest Network works fine...  (I suppose that's a related sub-question: does the Guest Network not fall under the laws of connection rules?)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I seem to have blocked internet access for myself at night!
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It’s possible that the guest network is not affected by the parental controls. The guest network is isolated from the router. Have you tried resetting the router by holding down the reset button for about  10 seconds?

This will return everything to factory settings so you will have to go back in a reconfigure your settings. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It’s possible that the guest network is not affected by the parental controls. The guest network is isolated from the router. Have you tried resetting the router by holding down the reset button for about  10 seconds?

This will return everything to factory settings so you will have to go back in a reconfigure your settings. 

Mirkwood
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm hoping not to reset the router to factory since I've named all the devices in my Network list on it by MAC address.

I wonder if there's a way to export then re-import that info.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you can save settings, then reload them after reset is done.

Mirkwood
Enthusiast - Level 2

For posterity:

There's a reset-to-factory option under Advanced in the Router control page that will preserve user settings like SSIDs and passwords.

This did the trick for me.

0 Likes