im lost when it comes to getting my wireless to work(or more so stay up)
prpitbull9

i've looked through various posts on this subject and i really cant help myself, so im reaching out.

i recently switched to FIOS from verizon DSL. When i had the DSL wireless router/modem, i had no issues with connection. Now with the FIOS router/modem i connect for a little bit and then it disconnects, then reconnects, then disconnects, etc. Now theres nothing wrong on my laptop's end. it connects to other networks and stays connected no problem.

as for the router i have, its MI424WR. I have no land line phones, just cell phones. I do have a wireless mouse and keyboard though. If anyone can help me out, i would really appreciate it.

0 Likes
Re: im lost when it comes to getting my wireless to work(or more so stay up)
prisaz
Legend

Is your wireless laptop running Vista? There is a thread hear that talks about it. If not then perhaps your new wireless router has interference. You could try a different channel if you log into your router and go to the wireless section.

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_Internet&thread.id=2264

0 Likes
prpitbull9
i do have vista, so thats probably the problem. i've tried the other channels and im still getting the same issues. im going to call verizon's tech service and see if they can walk me through it if there is a solution. thanks though, if anything else comes to mind let me know
0 Likes
prpitbull9
one more thing. i still have my wireless dsl modem/router combo from when i had verzion dsl. Will that work as a standalone wifi router? if so, can i plug that into the fios wifi modem/router, disable that wifi signal and use the dsl router signal?
0 Likes
fiostvman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try all the suggestion in the thread above. If all else fails. Get the Trendnet signal booster(see thread),  It solved all my wireless issues and upgrades my speeds from Wireless G to Wireless N.

The trendnet is a great product.

0 Likes