in-home agent font size
karensandy
Enthusiast - Level 2

When my TV screen comes up all green, I use the In-Home Agent "quick fix" application to reset my STB.  It works!  BUT -- to get the the current version of In-Home Agent to start up, I am required to reset the size of my screen font.  I usually have my display font set at 115% of normal -- but the latest version of In-Home Agent requires me to set the font to "normal."  As I recall, this was not required by the previous version of In-Home Agent.

Resetting the font -- and then setting it back -- is a pain.  And it involves steps that my wife cannot follow.    I went to Verizon Live Chat and presented this problem.  All the tech did was attempt to reset my screen resolution.  I gave him control of my computer and he messed around for a while -- and on a restart, the connection was broken.  He never did address whether some version or option of In-House Agent could be used to avoid having to reset the font size.  It was an annoying experience.

SO -- does anyone have a solution to my problem?  Is there a way to avoid resetting the font?

Just as a comment:  I fail to understand why the app is designed to require a normal font size.  The screens which appear are filled with unneeded white space and all sorts of huge graphics.  A "technical" app does not need such displays.  It ain't a game or some other nonsense which requires big, pretty pictures.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: in-home agent font size
Hubrisnxs
Legend

try using the online method to reest the boxes instead.

www.verizon.com/repair

View solution in original post

Justin46
Legend

Unfortunately I do not have any solution for your problem. But I certainly have experienced exactly the same thing, I have mine set to 125%. Truthfully I have never found anything that it would fix that needed fixing. I do have it installed, but the one or two times I have tried to use it, just to see what options it offered,  that font size change crap has convinced me that the application is worthless.

Just my $.02 worth Smiley Happy

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

try using the online method to reest the boxes instead.

www.verizon.com/repair

karensandy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I'll be!!   It looks like your suggestion takes me to a site which addresses most of the topics covered by the in-house agent .  Can't tell for sure because I didn't explore it very thoroughly -- but it DOES have a link to reset my STBs -- and no need to reset fonts.   Thanks a lot.  You would think the guy on the other end of the chat line would know this.   Thanks again.  

karensandy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem is solved.  FYI: Take a look at the next post and my reply.

Pappydsp
Enthusiast - Level 3

My font problem was resolved another way.  I was unable to open IHA on my HP win 7 computer after downloading and installing it.  When the program began to start there was an error message that "font Arial does not support type 'regular'....."  Changing the default display to a larger font did nothing.  I resolved this issue by copying the Arial fonts from another computer running Win XP onto a thumb drive then copying the fonts over the Arial fonts on my Win 7 computer.  The program opened and is working as intended.  I feel there must have been an irregular or corrupted font in my Win 7 machine.  Others may be experiencing similar problems with IHA or other software programs that this method may help resolve.