Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

in-home agent font size

SOLVED
karensandy
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

in-home agent font size

Message 1 of 6
(2,969 Views)

When my TV screen comes up all green, I use the In-Home Agent "quick fix" application to reset my STB.  It works!  BUT -- to get the the current version of In-Home Agent to start up, I am required to reset the size of my screen font.  I usually have my display font set at 115% of normal -- but the latest version of In-Home Agent requires me to set the font to "normal."  As I recall, this was not required by the previous version of In-Home Agent.

Resetting the font -- and then setting it back -- is a pain.  And it involves steps that my wife cannot follow.    I went to Verizon Live Chat and presented this problem.  All the tech did was attempt to reset my screen resolution.  I gave him control of my computer and he messed around for a while -- and on a restart, the connection was broken.  He never did address whether some version or option of In-House Agent could be used to avoid having to reset the font size.  It was an annoying experience.

SO -- does anyone have a solution to my problem?  Is there a way to avoid resetting the font?

Just as a comment:  I fail to understand why the app is designed to require a normal font size.  The screens which appear are filled with unneeded white space and all sorts of huge graphics.  A "technical" app does not need such displays.  It ain't a game or some other nonsense which requires big, pretty pictures.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: in-home agent font size

Message 3 of 6
(2,953 Views)

try using the online method to reest the boxes instead.

www.verizon.com/repair

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Justin
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 2 of 6
(2,963 Views)

Unfortunately I do not have any solution for your problem. But I certainly have experienced exactly the same thing, I have mine set to 125%. Truthfully I have never found anything that it would fix that needed fixing. I do have it installed, but the one or two times I have tried to use it, just to see what options it offered,  that font size change crap has convinced me that the application is worthless.

Just my $.02 worth Smiley Happy

Keller, TX 76248

Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 6
(2,954 Views)

try using the online method to reest the boxes instead.

www.verizon.com/repair

karensandy
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(2,938 Views)

Well, I'll be!!   It looks like your suggestion takes me to a site which addresses most of the topics covered by the in-house agent .  Can't tell for sure because I didn't explore it very thoroughly -- but it DOES have a link to reset my STBs -- and no need to reset fonts.   Thanks a lot.  You would think the guy on the other end of the chat line would know this.   Thanks again.  

karensandy
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(2,937 Views)

Problem is solved.  FYI: Take a look at the next post and my reply.

Pappydsp
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(1,870 Views)

My font problem was resolved another way.  I was unable to open IHA on my HP win 7 computer after downloading and installing it.  When the program began to start there was an error message that "font Arial does not support type 'regular'....."  Changing the default display to a larger font did nothing.  I resolved this issue by copying the Arial fonts from another computer running Win XP onto a thumb drive then copying the fonts over the Arial fonts on my Win 7 computer.  The program opened and is working as intended.  I feel there must have been an irregular or corrupted font in my Win 7 machine.  Others may be experiencing similar problems with IHA or other software programs that this method may help resolve.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title