Incoming :80
whiskeylover
Enthusiast - Level 3
I apologize if this has been asked before. But when is Verizon planning to unblock incoming :80?
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Incoming :80
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner
By doing a forum search for "Port 80", I found the answer you're looking for in this thread.
0 Likes
whiskeylover
Enthusiast - Level 3
Thanks. The thread you linked to says 80 is blocked, which I already know. What I wanted to know was if Verizon has any plans to unblock it for residential accounts.
0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner
I believe if you read the last post in that thread, it says Port 80 is only enabled for business customers.  A residential customer will not be able to utilize that port.
0 Likes
whiskeylover
Enthusiast - Level 3
Okay, so Verizon has no plans to unblock it.
0 Likes
NielsBohr
Enthusiast - Level 3
It may depend on your plan and where you live - I'm a residential 25/15 customer in Southern CA and port 80 is not blocked.
0 Likes
whiskeylover
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks. I'm in Marlborough, MA.

I ask this because the fios guys are coming to our apartment complex tonight with free pizza and stuff. I just wanted to know a few things before I take the plunge and switch from Comcast to Verizon.

Message Edited by whiskeylover on 08-21-2009 10:10 AM
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

in many area's port 80 has been unblocked, and verizon did have plans to unblock it several months ago.   quite a few members have tested and found that port 80 has been unblocked, but there is no announcement from verizon as to if it's "officially unblocked"

whiskeylover
Enthusiast - Level 3
Thanks. Guess I'll have to wait until they make it official.
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

why?  I am not aware of too many providers that allow server on residential accounts, or have port 80 unblocked.  usually they will have A LOT more than just port 80 blocked too!

0 Likes