Increase the number of Moca Devices on my Fios Network
bassmon31
I have 7 HD STB and I want to add another device on my Moca network, The devices works with I unplug one of STB but when I plug the STB box back in it doesn't work.
0 Likes
Re: Increase the number of Moca Devices on my Fios Network
kevinb
Contributor - Level 2

You're gonna need a NIM to connect your current MoCA network to another (Picture incoming)

MoCA 1.0 only supports 8 channels (router + 7 STBs) .

Now, you should be able to get a picture on your 8th device currently, just the MoCA functions of it won't work (guide, VOD, widgets)..

So if you're connecting an 8th STB now and it's not getting a picture, it's either not activated or the RF is too cold there..

HOWEVER
The billing/ordering system requires a supervisor override in order to add an 8th MoCA device to someone's account. So not only is there the physical limitation of current MoCA specs but there's also soft coded provisioning limitations to support the physical one.
Message Edited by kevinb on 06-20-2009 11:51 AM
bassmon31

Thanks. You diagram is giving me some ideas that I might be able to use. See picture. The devices circled in yellow are the old actiontec routers that I want to use as bridges for moca to ethernet/wireless. From your diagram its seems that I may need to connect one of the old actiontec routers to the Fio DHCP router and have it send a signal to the other old actiontec router. If there is a way I can have the setup in my picture that would be great. I ca't find the option to post the my picture/diagram.

0 Likes
bassmon31

Click on link to see my diagram.

MY Diagram

Message Edited by bassmon31 on 06-21-2009 05:40 AM
Message Edited by bassmon31 on 06-21-2009 05:48 AM
0 Likes