Re: Info on Deleting FTP Files from Personal Web Space
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@JamB wrote:

To all NJ verizon ftp users who were effected by verizon's indifference tto its customer base.

It is not the point that there are better hosting places on the internet or Verizon's sitebuilder program isn't the best.

The point is verizon took an action that discounted all the work many of us have done with our personal webspace storage.

And they did it because they can with no regard for us and our time we put into it.

Here is what you can do as we have power in numbers.

Please stand up to Verizon and file a complaint to NJ Consumer Service Center at (973) 504-6200. 

I did just that.

Hereis my story:

I am not a professional web builder and I gave up my previous internet provider because verizon offered personal webspace storage.

I am one who added more space and pays a montly fee.

I am now locked out and stuck:

1- The changes to sitebuilder prevents me from editing my website which I use as a calling card.

2-I am unable to delete all the files uploaded by ftp and

3-Verizon Tech help was useless in helping me out and only offered an "all or nothing"  deletion" which would eliminate my sitebuilder website. 

4. Consequently I am stuck paying a monthly fee for personal webspace and storage until I can rebuild somewhere else.

0 Likes
mhmabry
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I am having the same problem as JamB.  I wish to just have all of my personal web space files deleted.  Could you please have an agent contact me via email to resolve this?

Thanks!

Re: Editing FTP Files from Personal Web Space
katzper
Enthusiast - Level 2

My personal web page, which I have used for many years, has over 250 files. A few examples are --

mkgallery/KpFv5.jpg2391810/2/2008 12:
mkgallery/Lilly1aE.jpg2528851/20/2009 15:53
mkgallery/LillyRG35.jpg1028313/31/2011 21:28

I have NO INTENTION OF HAVING THESE  ( or any other of my personal web space) FTP UPLOADED FILES ERASED.

I can access these files through the web. I cannot access them through sitebuilder. I cannot edit them. I cannot inform anyone who accesses these locations that they will not be updated. I cannot redirect visitors to another site. I have called multiple times and spent much time with customer service to correct this situation. No solution to this difficulty seems to be provided by Verizon. Has anyone found a workaround?

0 Likes
katzper
Enthusiast - Level 2

For all those frustrated by Verizon's poor web service --

My solution was to create a new FTP Site courtesy of Free Web Hosting http://www.000webhost.com/

I can (and do) refer to my old web site as needed. The Verizon site will remain as a frozen archive.

0 Likes
jrf003
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, trying to get files deleted...  Here is my experience so far...

• Live Chat - Transfered once
  • Waited~ 15mins
  • Live Chat - Transfered back
  • Wait ~ 1 min..
  • Gave me a phone number...
  • Dialed that phone number 866-770-6800, wrong number, transfered
  • Waited ~14mins
  • The person had no idea what I was talking about
  • Put on hold for ~10mins, hanged up on me...
  • Called again
  • Waited ~10mins...
  • Was given a second number to call 888-553-1555
  • On hold for 22 mins, need to hang up now - Will try again later.

Just waited over 1 hour 30mins, still in Square 1...

People should not have to go through this kind of stuff...  Verizon knows there is an issue with this, why not organize support for this issue.

jrf003
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally got through to the people at 888-553-1555 after another loooong hold, They said "We are third party provider, we do no deal with that!!"  Ha! Still on square 1 with no clue where to go....  Keeps getting better.

jrf003
Enthusiast - Level 2

Maria from FIOS Technical support just gave two choices... 

1. I can pay for Verizon Preminum support or

2. She can give me Microsoft's Technical Support number...

Now- I really feel comfortable.

0 Likes
jrf003
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK - Got a hold of someone, that had an idea of what I was talking about.  He will create a ticket and have it deleted in the next 48 hour..  Smiley Frustrated

We will see, nothing else I can do right now.

0 Likes
RJ110
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since verizon discontinued support for FTP, I can't update the html files in my personal webspace.
There are no tools enabling the end user to delete html files that were uploaded with FTP.
I requested that all the files be deleted from my personal webspace in an online support live chat session.
They couldn't do it.
Will verizon install a delete button for files uploaded by FTP? If yes, when?
Is there a verizon tech support email address I can contact for help with deleting my files?

0 Likes
Bri_Tech_Guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can someone please explain to me why, heading in to 5 months after FTP access was pulled, that the technical support representatives at the call center are just as clueless about how this issue is to be handled as they were on day one.

I just spent almost an hour on the phone with a technical support rep who, bless her heart, spent most of the time on a Citrix Go To Assist session trying to access the files I had already told her were created via FTP and not accessible via Site Builder using, well, Site Builder!!!

My "issue" had to be escalated to the support operations team and I will be called back in 24 to 48 hours.  Why, oh why, is it not logged for the phone reps that if someone calls saying they have files in PWS that were placed there via FTP and that need to be removed that this must be, immediately, sent up the chain instead of having them spend inordinate amounts of time doing what those of us making the call already know is impossible?

It is a sad commentary on this whole sorry process, from start through today, that Verizon cannot seem to handle anything (except pulling FTP access with very little warning and no functional replacement) exeditiously.   I cannot be the first, and certainly will not be the last, person calling to make this request as we find alternative providers who actually support real website building and development.

Verizon, make a new year's resolution to clean up your act!!   Don't make your customers wallow in a mess of your creation any longer!   An excellent first step would be posting a direct number any customer could call to have files that had been put in place by FTP deleted without having to jump through multiple hoops and waste their and your own employees' time.