Installation and Technical Support Tips
Litchko
Enthusiast - Level 1

Repair ticket: MDDQ03GSEU.  I worked with 6 people, installer and five tech support personnel over the phone.  The installer could not get the PC computer connected to the Internet, but did get the MAC connected.  I was informed to call Verizon Tech Services.  The first person told me to power down the Router - result was no connection to the Internet to PC or the MAC.  Second did the same and so did the third person.  Each told me they would call me or have a supervisor call and neither did.  Their diagnosis was I had a cabling problem and it would take two days to get someone to fix it.  

This morning I called Carla and Wes and they asked me to reset the router and they changed the IP addresses and the WEP key to the correct ones.   Now both computers have Internet access.  Thanks to Carla and Wes, their professional attitiudes and support are to be commended.   The Verison FIOS experience would have been much better if the first four knew what to do and fixed the problem.  Carla and Wes saved the company sending out a repair person and me two days without Internet connection, which equates to me over $2000 in consulting work.

The TIP is:  When the installer cannot connect you to the Internet - have them call Technical Service Support while they are their installing the servise and ask for Carla or Wes to help you at the Service Center.

Jim Litchko