Interesting Reading Concerning Windows Wireless Connectivity Problems
Justin46
Legend

I subscribe to a newsletter called Windows Secrets; the Wed. 12/10/08 issue has a couple of articles regarding problems with wireless connectivity. I thought that, since we have had a number of posts here lately about wireless connectivity issues that I would post a link to the newsletter (there is a free and a paid portion of the newsletter, this material is in the free part):

Link

Maybe this will help a little.

Keller, TX

Re: Interesting Reading Concerning Windows Wireless Connectivity Problems
yenracd
Enthusiast - Level 3

That was interesting!  Thanks for sharing it with us.  🙂

I agree with the last statement he made about poking around and changing configurations, etc.  My connection was always fine and then about a month ago suddenly I was unable to connect and had limited connectivity.  After trying to figure things out for about two weeks (I was afraid to actually change anything configuration wise since I didn't have problems before), I found that Windows update had an update for my wireless card (I guess that's what you call that inside your laptop) by Realtec and when I downloaded that optional update and installed it, it worked perfectly and has ever since.  Since it was "optional" I had to go looking for it since it didn't automatically install it for me.  I definitely think looking for updates should be the first step.  Sometimes it is as simple as that.

Message Edited by yenracd on 12-11-2008 04:01 PM
0 Likes