Intermittent Internet Issues
gegiersch

My internet drops ~1x every hour when I'm working and stays out for several minutes. I called last week and spoke with a technician who pinged my system and saw it appeared to be working fine, and I restarted and factory reset my router. That worked for about a day and then the issue started again - the issue persists over WiFi and when the device is plugged in through the ethernet port. I was just on hold with Verizon for 30 minutes and got automatically disconnected so I'm hoping this might be the platform to find a solution without sitting on hold for a representative. I'm not sure what the issue is but I switched from Xfinity a few weeks ago and didn't have this issue, so I know the WiFi is capable of working without intermittent loss in connection. Any input would be much appreciated. 

0 Likes
Re: Intermittent Internet Issues
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Does the issue happen on computers that do not have wireless?

#2 How is your NAT router connected to the ONT (note read: the device that converts from light to electric and back forth) ?

#3 While the people who read this post of yours know that you have FIOS Internet, do you also have FIOS TV?

DSandwich

I have the same problem but a different setup. I had FiOS for 3 years without a single problem. One day it started acting up to the point that I had to restart, run through the FiOS self-help app screens for testing, and resets at least once per day. Verizon sent out someone who said the ONLY thing it could possibly be is the ONT so they replaced that. No Change. I have Cat 8 connecting the ONT to the router, I have had the one change of the ONT, I have tried the Verizon router, and 4 other routers, all have the same issue. After router resets there is no change. This problem happens on all connections. I do not have FIOS TV. 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think it is something above the ONT. Like a loose fiber connection at the GPON splitter, or damaged fiber cables. I suggest you to request a line tech (as opposed to a field tech) from your regional CO to check your incoming connection.