Internet connection down
NDam

My FIOS home internet connection was working this morning but is now down. I've tried restarting my computer and router but neither one has fixed the problem. I have been on hold with Verizon support for almost two hours now (not an exaggeration) and have been listening to this horrible hold music the whole time. Does anyone know of another way to get to Verizon support? Do they honestly expect customers to be satisfied with a two-hour hold time???

Is Verizon service in the SouthEastern PA area down today? Is that the reason for such a long hold time?

0 Likes
Re: Internet connection down
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

If internet is down, then phone is the only way of contacting them. I've never heard of a 2 hour wait before so I dont know what to tell you. But since you are here, you must have some sort of internet connection, so you can go here...

http://www22.verizon.com/content/ContactUs/

and click on live chat.

But try these steps. They are steps that verizon will ask you to do anyway.

Take a look at your router. Is the internet light on? If not, then you should try 3 things.

1. Reboot the router.

2. Reset the router.

3. Reboot the ONT

Sounds like you have already done number 1. Number 2 means pressing and holding the reset button on the router for 10 seconds. If this fails to connect after it boots back up. Then number 3. To do this you go to your battery back up unit. unplug the electric, then disconnect the battery. wait about 30 seconds, and then plug back into electric. leave the battery disconnected. Give it about 3-4 minutes then reconnect the battery. See if internet is back. If so, great. If not, calling tech support is what is left.

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not doubting your experience, but I'm with spacedebris ... 2 hours doesn't sound right.   On a whim, I just tried a few minutes ago to get someone in tech support using the Verizon contact number (actually, I needed to check on a DSL ticket I opened yesterday for someone who was having a routing problem) and it took under 5 minutes to speak to a live person.

NDam

Spacedebris, thanks for your suggestions. Believe it or not, I'm still on hold with Verizon (three hours and counting).

As you mention, I have tried #1 but have not done #2. On #3, what is an ONT? Is that the box in the basement where the FIOS service comes into the house? I will try #2 and 3 next.

I am connecting to the internet at the office. My home connection is still down.

BTW, given your name (Spacedebris) are you familiar with a company called AGI?

0 Likes
NDam

Oh, and I also tried the Live Chat and got a message saying, "Live Chat is currently not available. We're either too busy or you're trying out of normal business hours." I'm calling during mid-afternoon, so I assumed there was a flood of calls.

I'll try hanging up and trying support again. I had done that the first time (after being on hold for 30 mins) and was just put on hold again. That's why I thought I would simply stay on hold.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have another phone line, I'd try calling in a second time ... it's always possible you got stuck in the abyss of online hold music.

0 Likes