Internet connection issues
swissfudge

hello all, this issue has began to happen and has been happening since 2 nights ago. I was using a xbox one and noticed i would be kicked off of the live service. when i checked my conenction, it said it was still conencted. i then check the internet speed and the results were near perfect. last night the conenction was very bad and made me get disconencted from live service almost evry 5 minutes or less and my father unable to play an online poker game without it disconnecting him also very rapidly. i contatced veriozn support and chatted for an hour. the person changed some stuff on the router and said it would fix the issue. after factory resetting the router and all the stuff the etch did it made no difference. same issues still presisted. this si still happening today and is very frustrating as it makes using the internet for anything the requires a very constatnt conenction useless and unusable. its almost like the router turns off and then back on quickly, but when mointoring the status it says its been on since last power cycle attempt.  i live in new jersey and we had some bad storms tuesday but i figured it would have been fxed by now as the internet only started to get bad thursday night and friday. any assistance would be gretaly appreciated as it is very frustrated as the "fix" that sghould have fixed this didnt do anythng.

0 Likes
Re: Internet connection issues
wheresthewifi

I live in Central Jersey and started having the same internet connection issues Friday afternoon about 3:45 PM and it wasn't raining that afternoon here.  I tried the automated service and rebooted the router twice with no success for he wifi signal.  It works best if I'm sitting next to the router but not sure what happened to the wifi signal in the house.  It's been great for over a year.

Been waiting on hold now for 7 minutes to talk to someone.

0 Likes
jpknj09

I'm having the same problems.  Any luck with finding a solution?

I'm waiting for my chat rep to become available.  4th time reporting this - after the first 3, i was assured the issue would be resolved.  

I'm in central jersey too.

0 Likes
kobrzyc

I'm in central Jersey as well and I also noticed this problem on Friday.  I tried playing an online game but I keep getting disconnected every 1-20 mins.  It is also a pain doing video calls or VoIP.  Even watching live broadcasts over the internet and updating windows is a problem because of these hang ups.

I called Support but it didn't help and they are sending me a new router/modem on Monday but I don't think that is the issuse.  Something happened on Friday that affected central Jersey customers.  I tried telling support that but they saw nothing wrong with there network and they had no trouble communicating with my modem.  We'll see what happens when i get my new modem.

0 Likes
Luluweezy

I called two days ago thinking it was just my connection.. They're sending me a new router. I even tried just using the actiontec as the modem and using a dd-wrt flashed linksys as the router. I did pick up speed, but I am still losing connection about every 2 minutes. I have been running an internet connectiviity monitor and I am at 30 disconnects in a little over an hour.

I am in freehold/manalapan/englishtown area - Are you guys the same?

0 Likes
kobrzyc

yep, I am in the Millstone area next to Jackson

0 Likes