Internet connection keeps dropping
kj124

Hi,

I have an issue with the Fios internet connection. 

The Fios speed test intermittently times out. in the cases when it passess the speed is expected 50/50.

However, it more frequently fails.

I also used the internetfrog.com testing tool which reports inconsistent QoS ranging from 60% to 96%. It also reports very low up/down (35/3) speed compared to FIos test. While I am inclidned to dismiss these lows speed numbers, I totally beleive there is a QoS issue.

I have several applications that are very senstitive to these drops in the quaility and are not working.

I spent a day with a FIos technican to replace splitters on coax, repalced routers, switched the ONT to Ethernet from coax.

Nothing works.

Obviously, I need this escalated to the next support level.

Any help will be appreciated. 

0 Likes
Re: Internet connection keeps dropping
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

@kj12 wrote:

Hi,

I have an issue with the Fios internet connection. 

The Fios speed test intermittently times out. in the cases when it passess the speed is expected 50/50.

However, it more frequently fails.

I also used the internetfrog.com testing tool which reports inconsistent QoS ranging from 60% to 96%. It also reports very low up/down (35/3) speed compared to FIos test. While I am inclidned to dismiss these lows speed numbers, I totally beleive there is a QoS issue.

I have several applications that are very senstitive to these drops in the quaility and are not working.

I spent a day with a FIos technican to replace splitters on coax, repalced routers, switched the ONT to Ethernet from coax.

Nothing works.

Obviously, I need this escalated to the next support level.

Any help will be appreciated. 

Verizon has been have problems with the speed test internet site. Try speedtest.net instead to see what you get.

0 Likes