Internet connections randomly goes out
MrWizzard
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ive been having this issue for a few weeks now, it got to the point where I had the router replaced and it made the issues less frequent but even with the new router it still randomly lose connection requireing a full restart of the router.

Here's what I have connected via ethernet cable:

2 Desktops

1 PlayStation 3

1 Xbox 360

Via wireless

3 laptops

2 Cell Phones

1 3DS

These aren't all connected at once because that would be crazy. Even when it's just me on my desktop reading news while netflix on my Xbox 360 plays in the background, and a relative using a laptop it'll still cut out and it's really aggravating. 

All the coaxial connections in my home are fine.

The router is an Actiontec MI424-WR Rev F. I think the one I replaced was too.

0 Likes
Re: Internet connections randomly goes out
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using FiOS TV? Just to be sure that the Coaxial connections are fine, I'd like you to bring up the Advanced LAN Statistics in your router. You should be able to find them by logging into http://192.168.1.1/ with the Username of admin and the password being your router's Serial Number, clicking on System Monitoring, and finally, Advanced Monitoring. Advanced LAN Statistics should give you a nice table consisting of information like link speeds and such. That's what we're looking for.

0 Likes
atantekeier
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good luck trying to get them to help you, I have had this issue for several months now and all I get is them hanging up on me when I call, or a "Ill send a new router out"

Not only that, when I finally got through to them (also I had to troubleshoot myself after they sent a tech out and found "nothing wrong" and the problem still persisted) I found out my next best bet was to run the service through ethernet instead of coax.

And when I called to ask them about changing it out they said "sure thats possible, but you will have to buy the cable and run it yourself, or else we will charge you"

Seriously? Charge me to fix your service? 

I've never had customer service this bad with any other ISP, actaully any other anything. I will be dropping verizon asap and I suggest you do the same. 

MrWizzard
Enthusiast - Level 3

I clicked System Monitoring, then advanced status but don't see an option for Advanced LAN Statistics.

All I see are:

• System Logging
  • Full Status/System wide Monitoring of Connections
  • Traffic Monitoring
  • Bandwidth Monitoring
  • IGMP Proxy

Am I in the wrong area?

0 Likes
Cynar1

how do I contact Smith 6612?  I would like to ask him a question, can anyone help as to how I would contact him?

Thanks

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Cynar wrote:

how do I contact Smith 6612?  I would like to ask him a question, can anyone help as to how I would contact him?

Thanks

By going to their profile at http://forums.verizon.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/84159 (which was found by clicking on their user name for their post).

Clicking on Send this user a private message

A subject line required. Maybe about my post "Internet connections randomly goes out"

And then type in your message in the body?

SomeOldBlindMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

the connection drops on which device?  all or just 1?  when the connection drops, what are the router lights doing?

If it's any/all devices.. and the router lights freeze or Amber Inet or drop..  call tech support, let them know the router has been replaced and issue remains.. might be the ONT....

MrWizzard
Enthusiast - Level 3

All connections drop and the lights stay green.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Visit "Full Status/System wide Monitoring of Connections" . That page if I'm not mistaken should show the MoCa link speeds I'm looking for.

0 Likes
MrWizzard
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's the chart. I blocked out the IPs and MAC addresses, hope that's okay.

I should also add that when the internet drops out I can't even login to the router to get any information about the issue.

0 Likes