Internet Explorer Security Breach - Use Firefox Instead?
MsSusan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is Verizon recommending for it's customers during this latest security issue?  I believe Verizon states that IE is the preferred browser but Microsoft is recommending not to use it till issues are resolved.  Also MS recommends disabling Adobe Flash and install latest version of EMET. Also see "Microsoft Security Advisory 2963983".

I have tried using Firefox in the past and usually get error messages when trying to read Yahoo Mail but today it seems o.k.

0 Likes
Re: Internet Explorer Security Breach - Use Firefox Instead?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Microsoft is not recommending not running IE.  But does have some other recommendations.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I haven't seen anywhere that MS is actually recommending disabling Flash, either.  But, FWIW, Adobe did release a Flash update this morning.  I've installed the update in both Firefox and IE.

0 Likes
MsSusan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have seen a few articles online today about this issue and what's being recommended. See Microsoft Security Advisory 2963983 for some solutions if you need to use IE.  I have switched back to Firefox till IE issues are resolved.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

And Microsoft has released the Fixes.  They should be/have been applied automatically to your system.

https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/ms14-021

0 Likes