Internet is crawling with 5 bars.
nochancemrp

All of a sudden my internet has come to a screeching halt.

I just upgraded to FiOS Ultimate, and it's terribly slow. I'm in Rhode Island, and I choose Boston on Speed Test, or NY on Speak Easy and I've been getting 2-6 Mbps. I called tech support and they went through pretty much everything. They said I defentely had connection issue and that they were sending me out a new router. It was taking 7 minutes to download the In-Home Agent. But my router should be here tomorrow, but being curious to which one I was getting I gave them a call. They said most likely the MI424 Rev C because that's what I currently have.

Would my speed issues be on my end with my current adapter, Rosewill RNX-G300LX? Because I also ordered a new adapter from New Egg. It's an Asus USB N13. If it doesn't help, I'll just return it. It was only $20 shipped.

I just ran Speed Test, and here's the result. Hopefully my issued is fixed tomorrow when my new equipment arrives.

0 Likes
Re: Internet is crawling with 5 bars.
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you run the VZ optimizer on your machine?

What are the results when you use speedtest.verizon.net?

Same poor results if you use a hrd wired connection?

0 Likes
nochancemrp

speedtest.verizon.net

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done
SendBufferSize set to [261360]
running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 8.95Mb/s
running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 1.81Mb/s
Information: Network Middlebox is modifying MSS variable
Server IP addresses are preserved End-to-End
Information: Network Address Translation (NAT) box is modifying the Client's IP address
Server says {edited for privacy}but Client says [192.168.1.3]

I've used the optimizer already. I can't hard wire it, the router is in the other room.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@nochancemrp wrote:

All of a sudden my internet has come to a screeching halt.

I just upgraded to FiOS Ultimate, and it's terribly slow. I'm in Rhode Island, and I choose Boston on Speed Test, or NY on Speak Easy and I've been getting 2-6 Mbps. I called tech support and they went through pretty much everything. They said I defentely had connection issue and that they were sending me out a new router. It was taking 7 minutes to download the In-Home Agent. But my router should be here tomorrow, but being curious to which one I was getting I gave them a call. They said most likely the MI424 Rev C because that's what I currently have.

That is correct, small/tiny NAT table in your router.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16233

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@nochancemrp wrote:

I just ran Speed Test, and here's the result. Hopefully my issued is fixed tomorrow when my new equipment arrives.

Did the new router resolve the issue?

0 Likes