Internet is not working with MI424WR router after turning off
sunxxmoon

Two nights ago, I unplugged my router, and this morning, I plugged it back in. After doing so, my MI424WR router stopped showing the "Internet" green light. I tried using Verizon in Home Agent, but it won't let me log into my router when the program is trying to fix the connectivity issues. Please help! 😞

0 Likes
Re: Internet is not working with MI424WR router after turning off
Justin46
Legend

What do you mean it won't let you log into the router? Do you get an error message? If so what is it?

Keller, TX 76248

sunxxmoon

Well I opened up Verizon in Home Agent, and it tried to fix my internet problems. It was taking diagnostics, and it stopped as it was taking diagnostics of the LAN connections because it wanted me to log in with my router information, but the password wouldn't go through. I tried resetting, but it still doesn't work.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Well, what password are you trying to use? If you actually reset the router by pushing the reset button, the password should be "password". If you didn't reset the router, but had never changed the password that was set when you router was installed, which was probably "password1", it is almost certainly the serial number of the router, which you can find on the bottom of the router. This is because in the last few weeks Verizon reset the passwords in the routers that still had simple passwords like password1 or password.

And if you have never tried logging into the router, do not be confused by the extra bullets displayed when you type in the password, just type what it should be and ignore what is displayed on the screen.

Keller, TX 76248

sunxxmoon

Well, see, I COULD log in with the http://192.168.1.1, but when Verizon in Home Agent gives me a box to type in my information, it doesn't work. I've tried  all three of your suggestions 😞 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I am probably not going to be able to help then.

I have never used the It Home Agent so I have no idea why it would not process a valid user name and password. And with a freshly reset router that should be "admin" and "password".

As to why your internet light is not on, I guess I really can't help here either. I have never experienced that. My guess would be that the router is not getting an IP address, but why???? I don't know. You might try resetting the ONT, that might fix it. You can either call Verizon and ask them to do that, or you can try to do it yourself. I have never done it, but as I understand it the process is:

1) Unplug the Battery Backup Unit (BBU) from the electrical outlet.

2) Open the BBU cover and remove one of the battery cables

3) Wait 2 minutes

4) Re-connect the battery cable

5) Plug the BBU back into the wall outlet.

I would then reset the router again and see if anything works now.

Since you can log into the router without using the In Home Agent, there is a logging function in the router in the Advanced section. You might try looking in there to see if some error is being logged that you can identify (unfortunately there are lots of errors logged that as far as I can see are not really errors, so finding something in there may be a challenge....)

Beyond that, I don't know, sorry.....

Keller, TX 76248

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@sunxxmoon wrote:

Well, see, I COULD log in with the http://192.168.1.1, but when Verizon in Home Agent gives me a box to type in my information, it doesn't work. I've tried  all three of your suggestions 😞 

In home agent wants the same credentials that http://192.168.1.1 wants.

If you can log in to the router using the Ip address you should be able to see yourself if you are getting an address from the Verizon network.  Also in the router log you should be able to see any errors that it is encountering.