Internet Security Suite Thinks my subscription has expired
BillRobinson3

I have had Verizon telephone and internet service for several years, along with Verizon Internet Security suite.  I recently moved to a new address.  I told Verizon that I want the same service that I had at my old address.  After the Verizon technician came to my house, I got an email from Verizon that my Verizon Internet Security Suite has been discontinued.  I called Verizon, and told them that I still want the Security Suite.  At first Verizon tried to set me up with a bundled service that includes both the security suite and a data backup service.  I called Verizon and said that is not what I want, and that I only want the security suite, not the data backup service.  When I uninstall and download the Verizon Internet Security Suite, I get a message that says the following:

McAfee

Activation Successful

Thank you for activating your McAfee products.  It will now update automatically with the latest PC protection.  Your subscription expires on 6/2/2012.

Notice that it says that my subscription expires on 6/2/2012.  This date makes no sense.  After I restart the computer, I can do a scan with the Security Suite one time, and after that it is deactivated, saying that my subscription has expired.  I did on one occasion receive an email with a link for me to click to activate and download my Verizon Internet Security Suite.  When I clicked it, I got an error message saying that I need Internet Explorer Version 6 or higher for this to work.  Since I have Internet Explorer Version 11, this is a nonsense message.   Also, I am still getting “reminder” messages to activate the bundled service with both the security suite and the data backup service.  But as I have said, this is not what I want, and I should not be receiving those emails any more.  Please help me get my Verizon Internet Security Suite Properly Activated. 

0 Likes
Re: Internet Security Suite Thinks my subscription has expired
benderr2001
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having a similar issue since upgrading my FIOS service: in the process of trimming our package the Verizon rep discovered 2 backup/security bundles and removed one of them. Based on the issue I am experiencing I am now convinced that the wrong bundle was removed and McAfee is no longer part of the current one.

Can anyone here confirm my suspicion?