Internet sessions, VPN session, and connections dropping frequently
tenuki
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in an apartment. This problem started about a week ago. All of my browser sessions, vpn session, and connections such as AIM or netflix drop frequently. I often have to click links twice to get a page to load. I have to reload videos a lot to get them to continue to stream. I am constantly signing in and out of AOL IM.

I believe the problem has to do with several MoCs (coax connections) listed on my router page, and these MoCs have names of other people on them. Until I noticed them a week ago, I had only seen one MoC belonging to me listed on the router connection page.

Thus, I think that something got crossed up of misconfigured in the ONT for my apartment complex. The gateway light on my router stays green as all of these problems happen.

Pinging google.com, I get

--- google.com ping statistics ---76 packets transmitted, 55 packets received, 27.6% packet lossround-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 31.282/39.339/48.217/3.548 ms

Anyone seen this before and know how to get verizon to fix this?

I have had nothing but problems with FIOS since getting it, and I have wasted a lot of time with their "customer support."

Re: Internet sessions, VPN session, and connections dropping frequently
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about your connection problems. I have sent you a private message so we can get your information and look more deep into your connection.

0 Likes