Internet speed running at Dial-up
Chibi310

For about a week now my internet speed has dramatically dropped to match that of dial-up speed, yes, my internet has been crawling at 56k for the past WEEK, I'm paying for Gigabit! I called customer support and they were utterly useless to me as per the usual. Everytime I restart the router, the problem is fixed for about 30 second up to 5 minutes at most, then the speed drops to nothing again. It has a tendancy to rise up to decent/bareable speed, but then quickly drops to the lowest setting possible.

And this isn't an isolated insident, it happens with literally every single website I visit on every single device I use:
-iTunes, downloads would take minutes to HOURS, and streaming streams at the lowest possible quality. So I get to enjoy a pixelated wreck of "Guess what you see".
-YouTube, stays buffering for minutes on end for only about 3 seconds of 720p playback or maybe if I'm lucky 5 seconds of 480p playback.

-news sites, take minutes to load text only, and don't get me started on the ones that prioritize ads.

-Online gaming is a lag fest of unplayable warping.

-Even signing into my school's website has caused me to time out so many times signing in that I got locked out for failing to sign in too many time.

So the question I'm asking is, do I have to switch my service to Optimum who have been bombarding me with hundreds of offers? Or does Verizon actually have a solution I could use?

And Don't recommend I call technical support, every time I always have to fight the retarded automatic phone bot until I can finally speak to a live person only to be greeted by someone who has absolutely no technical knowledge of anything related to networking. I need a solution! I have both the quantum gate router and the Wi-Fi extender, and both move at Dial-Up! It isn't my devices sice almost all of them are hardwired, and even the ones that aren't conected using a Cat.6 Cable, are on the 5Ghz wi-fi band and they still time out and fail to load anything.

Seriously, I'm already so fet up with this service that 300Mbps is starting to sound a heck of a lot better than 980Mbps. I've been a customer for about 2 years now, never missed a single payment, and this sudden dramatic drop in speed for an extended amount of time is infuriating! I've had nothing to complain about with my service until this past week.

0 Likes
Re: Internet speed running at Dial-up
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Chibi310,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes