Internet speed slow or fails unreliable on mornings - #2
Notserved

Is there any reason why the previous thread was closed to prevent a follow up?

Any progress with a resolution to improve my speed in the mornings?

I have not seen an improvement:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Internet-speed-slow-or-fails-unreliable-on-mornings/td-p/...

0 Likes
Re: Internet speed slow or fails unreliable on mornings - #2
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They usually close such threads since these threads are really meant for peer to peer help.  They did say they opened up a support record elsewhere which is where they want you to pursue your problem.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Notserved,

Please keep all correspondence concerning your issue in the private support thread that was opened for you.  The support agents assisting you are awaiting a reply from you there and  will not be checking the public boards. Your original public thread is closed to new replies until your private support case is concluded. 

0 Likes
Internet speed slow or fails unreliable on mornings - #3
Notserved
Spoiler
Displeased

I apologize for not heeding your request for privacy below, but the private threads do not allow replies. This public forum is an open line of communication to Verizon (so accept my apology and communicate).

I have yet to receive a constructive response in any of these threads other than the issue is being "elevated" and the following by the Moderator (and the private support threads copy & pasted below... they are closed to prevent replies leaving me only this forum to respond).

If you lock the private support thread from receiving replies how do you expect to get feedback (after you lock the threads, including the private thread accessed through my user name)?

Unlock the threads that were moved to private.

Send me an update on the Verizon action plan. Wait for a reply.

Keep the thread open to exchange ideas and communication and work together, until the problem is resolved.

Work together.

The following issue (messages #1 & #2, and now #3) has not been resolved. Please move the thread if needed... but please keep the private thread open for replys.

Thanks,

Hi Notserved,

Please keep all correspondence concerning your issue in the private support thread that was opened for you.  The support agents assisting you are awaiting a reply from you there and  will not be checking the public boards. Your original public thread is closed to new replies until your private support case is concluded. 

Message 3 of 3 (52 Views)

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Internet-speed-slow-or-fails-unreliable-on-mornings-2/m-p...

Notserved Contributor Notserved Posts: 2 Registered: ‎12-22-2013 0 Kudos Internet speed slow or fails unreliable on mornings - #2 Options ‎12-30-2013 09:46 AM Is there any reason why the previous thread was closed to prevent a follow up? Any progress with a resolution to improve my speed in the mornings? I have not seen an improvement: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Internet-speed-slow-or-fails-unreliable-on-mornings/td-p/...

Internet speed slow or fails unreliable on mornings[ Edited ]

This has been an ongoing problem for two years. Slow speeds on mornings, sometimes for thirty minutes and sometimes for hours, and recovery after 10 AM.

Verizon has replaced all devices in the residence, ONT (twice), router (three times), and battery/power supply. The most recent ONT & Router replacment was Friday 12/20/13. All computers optimized by me in the past and by Verizon Technician on Friday.

The speed problem is not device dependent.

Wired PC and Xbox speed so slow email and web pages will not load and Xbox gold will not load.

Wireless devices suffer the same problem: Iphone, Android phone, Kindles, PC's, all the same problem when the problem exists.

FIOS TV guide usually works.

Download speed is usually slower than upload speed when the problem occurs, when the test does not time out,

{edited for privacy}

{edited for privacy}

The trust in the Verizon speed test is also questionable

{edited for privacy}

The Verizon chat person on Friday morning was helpful, and confirmed the problem with live use of my computer. The dispatched Technician confirmed some of the problems when he was on-site and changed the ONT and router.

The chat preson today was worthless. After twenty minutes of testing, until after the normal period of time the problem exists, they declared, "no problem exists."

Reading the posts about the OLT or server site problem missor the comments of two of the Technicians who have witnessed the problems and changed devices as the last hope. Both said the problem was software or hardward at the Verizopn server location, or fiber problems between the server location and residence (although both said the fiber is good or bad, and the unreliabiltty is probably at the server location).

Since my experience with Verizon today was so disappointing I am seeking their help here.

What is the next step to get Verizon to fix the problem?

Ed

0 Likes
Re: Internet speed slow or fails unreliable on mornings - #3
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Notserved,

We are seeing that your private support case is still open, and you should be able to post there using the "Reply" buttons in the existing posts.  You will need to access your support case thread by following the instructions that I posted previously HERE.

The private support case thread is not the same thread as the public topic where you originally posted your issue.  The public thread, which you pasted into your post above, is currently locked to new replies; but you should still be able to post in your private support case thread once you access it.  If you are unable to post there, please let us know. 

0 Likes
Notserved

THX. Replies there. Keep getting logged out, now many short posts.

0 Likes
Notserved

No Solution, Yet.

What action has Verizon taken, to date, to investigate this problem (other that to tell me to log in and report slow speeds... when the speeds are so slow that I cannot log in (the ultimate catch-22)?

?

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hi Notserved,

I see that you have posted in the private support thread this morning, as have the Verizon agents.

0 Likes