internet
della1
Enthusiast - Level 2

my internet has been running slow and freezing (not responding).  I did a microsoft diagnostics and it said "incoming verizon.net/outgoing verizon,net  FAILED".  What does that mean and how do I fix?  I turned off the router & computer, waited 1 min. and restarted.  didn't help. Please pardon me but I am computer illiterate.

Re: internet
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net are the addresses to Verizon's mail servers. Are you having issues with your e-mail or with the entire Internet experience all together? Does your PC seem sluggish overall, program-wise while downloading data or while browsing?

0 Likes
della1
Enthusiast - Level 2

the entire internet.  Yes, sluggish.  I've run norton-it says everything ok.  Microsoft security essentials says everything ok too.  is it time to get new computer?

baseball5150
Enthusiast - Level 2

what operating system are you using?

della1
Enthusiast - Level 2

not sure what you mean, but heregoes:  Windows XP, version 2002, computer 1.60GHZ, 480 mp of ram.  is that right?

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this a "recent" occurence?  Or something that's lingered for quite a while now?

I don't doubt things are very slow with a 1.6ghz machine with only 480mb of ram and Symantec running on it (a big resource pig in and of itself).  

0 Likes
della1
Enthusiast - Level 2

it's been happening for the past 4 or 5 months.  I only use for personal stuff after work, no business or complicated things.  I have no problems getting new computer but just want to make sure the same thing doesn't happen with a new one.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you running both Microsoft Security Essentials and a Licensed version of a Norton/Symantec Anti-virus product? That might be the source of your slowness right there, besides the slower hardware in the machine. You're really only supposed to run one AV real-time monitor.

0 Likes
tonyterry12

MY INTERNET KEEPS FREEZING UP ON ME AND IT IS VERY DISAPPOINTING WHEN I AM TRYNG TO GET INFORMATION OR SEE DIFFERENT SITES AS WELL.

0 Likes