Re: Ip conflict
Bsteeves
I will try the customer support when I get home. I will also check the battery lights, what should I be looking for?

Right now I have zero Internet access, however I can see the wireless signal when I am in my computer.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Bsteeves wrote:
I will try the customer support when I get home. I will also check the battery lights, what should I be looking for?

Right now I have zero Internet access, however I can see the wireless signal when I am in my computer.

This page may be helpful. It explains the BBU lights and functions for the different units.

http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/general+support/getting+started/q...

You could be having ONT issues, or a bad power pack to the BBU. Or even a bad or failing battery. The BBU should indicate if it is a battery issue. If it is an ONT issue, Verizon will need to send a tech. In any case, once you have exhausted all other sources, they will need to send a tech. Do NOT disconnect the battery at the same time the power pack is unplugged unless instructed to do so by Verizon. Doing so will cold boot the ONT and erase any helpful diagnostic data that may be stored in the ONT. Now if you have never done a cold boot it may fix the issue. I had lost phone service once and that was what brought it back. Contact Verizon and have them help resolve the issue. It seems like you have been very patient and this needs to be resolved.

Best wishes

0 Likes
Bsteeves
Thank you all for your suggestions and insight. I just got home and ran the diagnostic test from my STB having issues.

Oob s/n ratio: good
Cable subscription: good
LAN: 192.168.1.100
Wan: failed
Gateway: successful (192.168.1.1)
Dns: failed
Epg server: failed
Widget server: failed
Fios tv remote dvr: not applicable
Packages: 0 packages
Dvr hub connection: successful
Stream video test: successful
0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Your STB test confirms the STB is getting to the router, but the router is not getting to the WAN, which is not surprising since you have no WAN connectivity.

As I've asked twice before, please post your MOCA stats.  I particularly interested in your MOCA WAN stats at this point.

See previous post for link to instructions.

I can't help you if you don't provide the information requested.

prisaz
Legend

@Anti-Phish wrote:

Your STB test confirms the STB is getting to the router, but the router is not getting to the WAN, which is not surprising since you have no WAN connectivity.

As I've asked twice before, please post your MOCA stats.  I particularly interested in your MOCA WAN stats at this point.

See previous post for link to instructions.

I can't help you if you don't provide the information requested.

Yep. At least we know the STB is getting to the router.

Now it is a router to ONT, or ONT issue. Need WAN stats. MOCA WAN or Ethernet WAN depending on how it is wired.

0 Likes
Bsteeves
Ok, please excuse my ignorance but I am not very tech Savvy. I checked how to check moca speeds and it references the main status page. How do I get to that?
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

If you log into your router regardless of internet connectivity. Logging into your router. http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16646 

It can be found by left clicking on the globe next to the Broad Band Connection title. It is in the left column under the My Router Header. My WAN is Ethernet, Yours may very. When you post your information do NOT include your addresses if you cut and past. As you see I have removed my pubilic IP information, and my MAC addresses for my router. You should note if you are getting a public IP, but just do not post it. Your Main Page will say connected if you are getting a public address.

Network Connections
NameNetwork (Home/Office)EthernetBroadband Connection (Ethernet)CoaxBroadband Connection (Coax)Wireless Access PointWAN PPPoEWAN PPPoE 2
StatusConnectedConnectedConnectedConnectedCable DisconnectedDisabledConnectedDisabled
NetworkNetwork (Home/Office)Network (Home/Office)Broadband ConnectionNetwork (Home/Office)Broadband ConnectionNetwork (Home/Office)Broadband ConnectionBroadband Connection
Underlying DeviceEthernet
Wireless Access Point
Coax
Coax Stats
     Broadband Connection (Ethernet)Broadband Connection (Coax)
Connection TypeBridgeHardware Ethernet SwitchEthernetCoaxCoaxWireless 802.11g Access PointPPPoEPPPoE
MAC Address00:00:00:00:00:0000:00:00:00:00:0000:00:00:00:00:0000:00:00:00:00:0000:00:00:00:00:0000:00:00:00:00:00  
IP Address192.168.1.1     00.000.000.00 
Subnet Mask255.255.255.0     000.0.0.0 
Default Gateway      00.0.00.00 
IP Address DistributionDHCP ServerDisabledDisabledDisabledDisabledDisabled  
Service Name        
User Name      verizonfiosverizonfios
Received Packets10981681481064167  8106 
Sent Packets101501274689534979  8953 
Received Bytes237918118308658074325756562  7879781 
Sent Bytes9853113574573823925114732374  2213451 
Receive Errors0000  0 
Receive Drops0000  0 
Time Span0:48:520:48:520:48:520:48:52  0:48:52 
Channel   1150 MHzCable Disconnected 
0 Likes
Bsteeves
This is becoming extremely annoying. After trying to login to the router, when I enter my password three characters get entered for every one character I enter.
0 Likes
Bsteeves
Of course now the router is locked. I tried typing it into a word doc but after pasting it actually deletes a few characters. WTH!!
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

See the note in the link I provided. Ignore the extra asterix. It is a security measure if someone should be looking at your screen. Just type in the password and press enter.

This is getting Very involved. Verizon Tech support should be able to see your router and if not, they should send a tech and replace the faulty ONT or BBU hardware.

We do not mind helping, but it may end up at that point anyway. They have sent a new router. The only other thing I could think of is a bad cable between the ONT and the router. Or a bad splitter. But I believe you tried to go staight to the router from the ONT to check your internet? 

0 Likes