Re: IPv6 Fios Fresh Tomato and Ubuntu Linux
Gir1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Additionally:

I think MultiWAN testing (in Basic, Networking) breaks v6 sometimes. I only have one WAN, so I disabled it.

Each time I reboot the router I get a new v6 address from Verizon. This requires me to also bounce the interface in Linux to get the correct v6 address. Auto-DHCP doesn't recover like I expected, but just Automatic does.  The address change also broke my static DNS entry, but the LL  address is working now, so that is certainly the better answer. 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't get me wrong. I have this set of equipment for running a test network for VZ equipment. I have a G3100, an E3200, a G1100, an ECB5240M, and three goCoax adapters (connected to nothing) in the test net. The entire point is to replicate customers' setup to help troubleshoot. My home network does not require that much complexion.

I got plenty of USB 2.4GHz wireless dongles from broken IP cameras. I can attach an AP to a VLAN without additional investment.

Gir1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh I see, I misunderstood. You're trying to find all the issues customers are likely to have, for the drones at tech support. Good for the ultimate goal.

So ideally you'd like to see more people posting how they have it set up, and how it's working. I'd like to see that too, just so more people can switch without grief. People in general don't realize how much the internet will change when IPv6 takes over in a real way. Direct communications without any intermediate server. The sooner the better.

0 Likes
Gir1
Enthusiast - Level 3

You might find this amusing. I've been testing with v4 turned off and found some of the IPv6 tests sites don't work without v4.

These don't have aaaa records.

test-ipv6.rr.com

ipv6test.google.com

This one actually connects with v6, but won't run the tests.

ipv6.systems

0 Likes