Re: IPv6 for Residential Customers
pchc_lx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can confirm I have working ipv6 here on FIOS now.

Awesome.

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

pchc_lx - where are you?

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

Hey, gang - Please give us a step-by-step for TRYING to enable this in the G1100 Quantum gateway/modem/router for VZ FIOS 1Gbps service (which I've had since April).
I'm in NYC, and I want to see if I can get ipV6.

Also -
a) I already programmed my G1100 to use Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 for DNS. HOw should I change that for ipV6?
b) On only ONE of our devices - a Win 7 Pro 64-bit PC - I have installed Simple DNSCrypt, which in turn runs the dnscrypt-proxy service on that PC, and so DNS queries from that PC only are encrypted. I suppose on that one I should ENABLE Simple DNSCrypt's ipV6 function IF I see ipV6 working first.
c) Nothing special like that on any of our numerous other computers or devices - they just connect to the G1100 by ethernet cable or WiFi.
d) Some of our devices are PC, and some are Apple, including an iMac, a MacBook, two iPads, an iPhone, etc.
SO - does any of this mean that I should AVOID the ipV6 settings on my router for now because maybe one of our devices won't like it?

ALSO - does ipV6 mean that we no longer have a protected home network and that all of our devices are exposed to the internet because each will have its own EXTERNAL ipV6 number? Is that a danger?

MANY THANKS !!!!

0 Likes
Shmerl

Any idea how to set it up in DD-WRT? I set it as "Native IPv6 from ISP", but it doesn't seem to be working.

0 Likes
JJKiv
Contributor - Level 1

The Cloudflare IPv6 address is 111,2606:4700:4700::1001

0 Likes
chapie1

Here as well in SOuth Jersey.  I was messing around with my router and I stumbled upon it working by accident. I noticed the check box for enable was no longer greyed out.

0 Likes
VegasJH1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Outside of Pittsburgh I just upgraded to Gigabit, still not getting IPV6. I have enabled it on the Quantum Gateway router already.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes