Re: IPv6
tampaipv6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Surprised they don't just delete this thread lol; I really can't believe how hard it is for them to roll this out or give anyone even a remote idea of when they might.  I bug them in support tickets, emails, sales rep, facebook, etc. and no one has any clue what they're doing about it, yet it works great on the wireless side.  Perhaps they should get their LTE folks to come over and teach the Fios side how to operate a network.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tampaipv6 wrote:

Surprised they don't just delete this thread lol; I really can't believe how hard it is for them to roll this out or give anyone even a remote idea of when they might.  I bug them in support tickets, emails, sales rep, facebook, etc. and no one has any clue what they're doing about it, yet it works great on the wireless side.  Perhaps they should get their LTE folks to come over and teach the Fios side how to operate a network.

The same fols who can't give me LTE service that runs past 5Mbps in my area, or provide a constant signal? 🙂

The IPv6 service is certainly great though. Both DSL and FiOS are ready for it, when it comes down to a techincal standpoint. DSL users got migrated to the Juniper ERX Series edge routers, which supports IPv6. PPPoE on IPv6 also works fine as seen with other providers. FiOS uses some different equipment, but as seen already, the Rev. I ActionTecs can do IPv6. Rev. D ActionTecs with third party firmware do IPv6 fine, and in general, it should just work. Newer computers and devices also include IPv6 support out of the box.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Smith6612 wrote:

@tampaipv6 wrote:

The same fols who can't give me LTE service that runs past 5Mbps in my area, or provide a constant signal? 🙂

The IPv6 service is certainly great though. Both DSL and FiOS are ready for it, when it comes down to a techincal standpoint. DSL users got migrated to the Juniper ERX Series edge routers, which supports IPv6. PPPoE on IPv6 also works fine as seen with other providers. FiOS uses some different equipment, but as seen already, the Rev. I ActionTecs can do IPv6. Rev. D ActionTecs with third party firmware do IPv6 fine, and in general, it should just work. Newer computers and devices also include IPv6 support out of the box.

What if I am not migrated to the Juniper ERX Series edge routers:

#1 How does one get that done?

Be please Specific. For example what number to dial. What to say to them.

#2 How long does that take?

#3 Is there any down time (and if so, how much) ?

#4 How much does that cost?

Thank you

0 Likes
tampaipv6
Enthusiast - Level 3

lol, this thread is going to be two years old shortly and they still haven't figured IPv6 out.

0 Likes
tampaipv6
Enthusiast - Level 3

The months keep passing us by, and more and more ISP's have already completed IPv6 roll outs, yet here is Verizon touting their Quantum cash grab but still can't figure IPv6 out....