Re: Is Verizon Fios throttling down Youtube streaming?
NYCFiosBoy
Enthusiast - Level 3

maybe they really want people to upgrade for only 10 dollars to 75/35mbps service. I currently have 50/35.... so I wouldn't be suprised.

0 Likes
dapony
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just went back to comcast 3 days ago I have to tell everyone my Fios 75/35 connection was 50 times slower on youtube than my new 50/10 connection on comcast. It's a shame they cant get this issue solved I would have never left but I personally value youtube to much to stay. I can honestly say I have been able to watch what I want when I want in HD without even a hitch of buffering.

0 Likes
nonskid

I am glad I came upon these threads regarding this issue. Youtube is mostly unusable for me.  I didn't like comcast but at least they didnt have problems with the worlds largest video sharing site.  I have chatted and called twice complaining about the hang ups and problems with Youtube. I didn't have problems with comcast.  My cell phone plays youtube videos faster than my home internet!  Terrible.

Dumping Fios tomorrow before i have to pay a cancellation fee. 

0 Likes
rbj8611

I wish I would have used Youtube within the first few weeks I had Fios, because I would have cancelled. I've also had issues streaming from my xbox/ps3 with media center or media servers since I've had Fios. I've had TWC and Comcast not too long ago and never had these type of issues. I only use Youtube every few days or so, but it **bleep** me off that I'm paying all this money every month and I have all these issues.

0 Likes
aliasneo1
Enthusiast - Level 3

contact tech support ask them to run a break dhcp lease

and reboot the ONT it should be fixed.

if you are calling them from home phone then the call might be disconnected hence try using your cell phone or use the chat suppport on wired connection.

0 Likes
MDS6

I'm in the Philadelphia area, and even YouTube's 240p pauses every 2-3 seconds. I have tried fixing DHCP, DNS, etc. and nothing has worked. My cellphone can stream videos faster on 3G than I can with the computers in my house.

Has anyone found a long-run solution to this? Or has FiOS starting to throttle connection speeds?

0 Likes
Ginseng1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here. Running OpenDNS. Tried multiple browsers, cleared caches, updated Flash. Vimeo runs fine. Apple movie trailers download or play in HD at full rated speeds. It's a YouTube issue and there is no resolution at this point in time.

0 Likes
aacook1

Having this issue in Plymouth, MA.  Youtube is basically unusable, even on 240p.

This is rediculous!

0 Likes
Youtube speeds are unacceptable for the money I'm paying
winged0ne

I've seen there are a few posts about this but I feel Verizon will not respond until more of us demand their attention for this problem. I've changed DNS, reboot router, changed channels, and tried many other "fixes" but nothing works. Does Verizon browse this forum? 

EDIT: Could this possibly be youtube's fault? I've talked to friends in the same area with different ISP who have the same experience.

0 Likes
Re: Youtube speeds are unacceptable for the money I'm paying
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@winged0ne wrote:

Does Verizon browse this forum? 

The Verizon Community Forums is where customers help other customers. 
If you need assistance for specific Verizon account issues, please contact us.

Generally no.