Is it possible for some sort of wandering (if that's the right term) WiFi service from Fios?
stevejrogers

I might be talking out of my rear on this one, but since often in the area that I live in, I usually see outside of residential/business zone WiFi options from cable operations like Time Warner, Cablevision, Comcast, etc.  I'm sure its safe to assume access to them are part of a plan with those companies, so I'm curious as to if that can ever be part of a Fios internet plan?  

0 Likes
Re: Is it possible for some sort of wandering (if that's the right term) WiFi service from Fios?
jonjones1
Legend

@stevejrogers wrote:

I might be talking out of my rear on this one, but since often in the area that I live in, I usually see outside of residential/business zone WiFi options from cable operations like Time Warner, Cablevision, Comcast, etc.  I'm sure its safe to assume access to them are part of a plan with those companies, so I'm curious as to if that can ever be part of a Fios internet plan?  

You mean wifi hotspots.

https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/internet/wi-fi-connect

Good Luck 

i know years ago their hotspots were non functional or crappy at best. But it may have improved or maybe not.

Re: Is it possible for some sort of wandering (if that's the right term) WiFi service from Fios?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a program that I believe is only supported on windows PCs that allows roaming WiFi access. It works on boingo WiFi I believe.