Is someone spying on my home
SoLost11

When I go onto my Fios app and look at devices connected to my router, there are a couple I don’t recognize and the part where it should say “block internet access” is shaded grey and says “cannot block or remove this device” WHAT TH IS THAT? There are 2 devices that say that. A lot of strange things have been happening to me and now this too. 

0 Likes
Re: Is someone spying on my home
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have Verizon STBs? You might not able to block the internet access of an STB.

If you are very suspicious about them, use software nmap to scan those IP addresses. It should give you the manufacturer identifier from the MAC Address and an estimate about their operating system.

0 Likes
Re: Is someone spying on my home
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Odd.

Q1 While we get that you have FIOS Internet, do you also have FIOS TV?

Please note for this next question even if you have another one that is not use, you must say so. For example: Yes, but it is a spare.

Q2 Do you have a separate router?

Please note for this next question: One of the NICs must be a wired NIC and it should not be a portable type of computer (ex: a laptop).

Q3 Do you have spare computer that works that either has two NICs or you could add a second NIC?

You said you are running the FIOS App. Perhaps that/those computers that you can not block are the computer(s) running the FIOS App.

Q4 Is that a possible thing? Like you are using the FIOS App on a cell phone that is wireless connected the network. To be clear not just by wireless, it is via 802.11 and not via cell phone mobile data.

0 Likes