Techman28
Master - Level 1
we are trying to get past the 5th day working flawlessly
0 Likes
Re: Is Verizon going to acknowlege the problems with FIOS and Windows Vista
fiostvman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well Techman,

Its time for Verizon to finally acknowledge the issue with the Actiontech Router and have it fixed. Thousands of customers like myself have been frustrated for much too long. It is a well known and documented issue that needs to get fixed as soon as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if some customes quit the service due to this issue.

0 Likes
DCGTLS
Enthusiast - Level 3
I just went out and bought a Netgear Rangemax wirless N with Gigabit router and placed it first from the ONT and configured the Actiontec as a bridge and DHCP relay. It took me a few hours of research and then setting it up and everything works much better. Now I can also play my Steam games (C-SS) without the stupid Nat tables filling up on me. It also makes the X-Box 360, Playstation3 and Wii much more enjoyable. I am now also enjoying a faster and more stable wireless signal.
0 Likes
fiostvman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its been a week later and my Trendnet works perfectly. No more dropped signals for me.

For those with poor Actiontech signals/dropped signals, this is the easiest solution versus  getting a totally different router and going through the hasssles of configuration especially if your not a techie like myself.

0 Likes
zdenneh
Was just about the suggest the Trendnet when I stumbled onto the last page of this thread. The Trendnet is a gift from heaven! It solved my crappy Actiontec wireless issues as well. Trust me, I was pulling my hair out for months with the Actiontec dropping my wireless connections daily. I've had the Trendnet for a little over month now and no drops... The best part is, I got it for $25! It was a special deal on newegg at the time - it's normally around $45 I think. I would have paid $100 knowing how easy and perfect it works. The wireless on the Actiontec is trash.  Anyone getting a stable wireless connection from that router is very lucky.
Message Edited by zdenneh on 02-22-2009 09:53 PM
Message Edited by zdenneh on 02-22-2009 09:58 PM
0 Likes
lotor
Enthusiast - Level 2
I highly suggest to everyone that is getting upset about fios/vista compatability getting a wi-fi friendly phone thats how I resolved my issue.If you are still using phones below dect 6.0 mega hertz you'll most likely have issues with poor internet reception.And try setting up a wep encryption that helps astronomicaly.To be honest it is not our ISP's fault entirly it is the manufacture's of the routers fault.And your home phone's fault if it's below 6.0 mega hertz.
0 Likes
fiostvman
Enthusiast - Level 3

In my case, I didn't have a home phone, so that wasn't the issue.

Also, we did not get our Actiontech Router from the maker itself. We got it from Verizon, thus, it is appropriate for us to rant and rave at Verizon for choosing such a crappy router.

Hopefully, it will encourage  Verizon to work with the makers of the Actiontech Router to fix it the wireless issues.

0 Likes
Re: Is Verizon going to acknowledge the problems with FIOS and Windows Vista
Shirley4
Enthusiast - Level 2

@CharlesH wrote:

You are running Microsoft Vista, expect to have issues from a buggy operating systems. Want the issues to melt away, Windows XP is still available for purchase.

I have been using Vista since September and I don't recall a significant bug in it. We have had FiOS for a couple of weeks and we have had many problems. I have not had internet connectivity problems but the Verizon's web sites are quite buggy. If I knew it would help, I would report the problems but when I talk with an agent on the phone, they don't care to hear about problems. Verizon is very buggy.

We have had problems with FiOS TV. It did not record a program a week ago. The DVR boxes have malfunctioned and we have had to get a FiOS person to reset them about three times, which cost us at least half a movie (that was not recorded). I am being vague about the problems because I am not asking for help here; I am just making it clear that Verizon is buggy in many ways. When we reported the problem of the show not being recorded, the agent did not care; they just said that we need to delete it. They don't care.

On the second day of service with Verizon, I encountered a problem with the email account I had just created. The problem definitely was a Verizon problem, but the support agents insisted it could not be. It was a Verizon problem but they just insisted it cannot be, so they of course can claim that it is Microsoft's buggy software. It was not a Microsoft problem. Many Verizon people hide their heads in the ground so they can say they see no problems.

0 Likes
fiostvman
Enthusiast - Level 3

It has been two weeks since I installed the Trendnet and everything has been working perfectly. No more wireless dropouts.

Globe comes and goes whether I use wired(on desktop) or wireless but I no longer lose my wireless connection.

Couldn't be happier.

Verizon/Actiontech still needs to fix their router though.

Message Edited by fiostvman on 02-26-2009 06:58 AM
0 Likes
marty99

I am having the same problem.  My non Vista computers do fine, but the Vista one is always dropping.  Verizon is bouncing back my e-mails or sending me form letters regarding my modem issues.  Is this Trendnet still working?  Do I just have to replace the modem Verizon gave me (Westphal) with it?  Or do I need a different kind of set up.  Pleae advise. 

0 Likes