Issues connecting to some websites
dauntie1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been unable to get on certain frequent websites that I use since yesterday.  Facebook is one as well as Sovereign Bank.  I have tried connecting to random other websites sometimes with success and other times without.  When I enter the address, all I get is a blank page and the page does not load.  I have run a virus scan and restarted my computer.  I do have internet access with a strong signal.  Any ideas?  I have a Dell laptop with Windows Vista.

Re: Issues connecting to some websites
Karolyn4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I am having the same problem trying to connect to amazon.com.  The browser page appears to be stuck . I used that website yesterday, and the days before that. This morning I called customer service at amazon and they are not having any problems with their website.  I have Windows Vista Home Premium - Dell Laptop.  Note: I have no problem with other websites.

Any suggestions or comments?  Thanks. 

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
janzin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here--Brooklyn, NY. Only my third day with FIOS--not happy!

pjdefilippo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yah, Amazon.com is a problem. Well--Not the home page. I can get to that. But if I try to sign-in to Amazon, the page is "stuck". It looks like there's some connection problem to the server where some of the images are hosted. Eventually, the raw login page loads, but without images or other content.

Other, seemingly-unconnected sites also fail. I can't remember them all...although I think one of them was WhatIsMyIP.com Tried shutting off my router for 10 minutes, but it didn't seem to help.

I can get to Amazon from my work computer or through a VPN and things seem fine. So, it has to be some sort of Verizon issue...

I'm in the Boston, MA area.  I'm currently using OpenDNS. If this persists, I'll try the Verizon DNS servers, but I didn't think it was a DNS issue, since site names seem to resolve.

pjdefilippo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Amazon seems to work again...FYI.