Issues w/ running 2 comps on same online mmo game site??
Bonebreaker

Running XP sp3 , all updated on both computers. Running both thru router(1 in line 2, 1 in line 4). Am running into delay issues on secondary computer while both online at the same time. The both start off in sync then the secondary gradually degrades to 1 min, then 2 min, then flats out at 3 minutes delay compared to primary computer. Any possible reason why this would happen. 20/5 package. ActionTec MI424wr router/Fios. THanks for any suggestions or solutions.

0 Likes
Re: Issues w/ running 2 comps on same online mmo game site??
Hubrisnxs
Legend

sounds like a tiny nat table issue -  check for the revision on your router, and tell us if it's actiontec or westell (the VZ router) and hopefully you can find the revision number and share it with us.

a lot of the vz routers, have a tiny nat table that isn't suitable for what you are trying to do.  the revision E and the westell are supposed to be larger than all the others by twice the size, but if you are still having trouble with rev e and or westell, then you'll want to explore different set ups. 

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

They said that they have an actiontec.

Points OP to

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16077

prisaz
Legend

@dslr595148 wrote:

They said that they have an actiontec.

Points OP to

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16077

What a blast! Hard enough to run one game console on the Verizon routers. Lets get a 35/35 service and limit connections on an Actiontec. My IP COP Linux router box shows every connection made through NAT. I love using it as a router. All you need is an old PC with two network ports. My Actiontec is bridged into a paper weight. No really the Actiontech acts as a NIM 100, with wireless, and a 4 port Ethernet Switch. Everything disabled except COAX, Etherenet, and Wireless with security. No WAN or DHCP in use.

I need to start up multiple P2P clients or games to see how many connections I can make with 2 gigs of memory and an 80 gig hard drive.Smiley Very Happy