Just reformatted my desktop. Won't connect.
egodbois

Hi,

I have fios. I connect to my modem (which has a built in wireless router) wirelessly with my laptop. I have a hard ethernet connection between my desktop (running XP) and the modem/router.

Before now, everything was fine. However, I was forced to reformat my desktop. Now my desktop will not access the internet. The tech who set everything up did not leave any discs or software. Nor do I know how he set up my connection.

Thoughts on how I can get my desktop back online?

0 Likes
Re: Just reformatted my desktop. Won't connect.
prisaz
Legend

@egodbois wrote:

Hi,

I have fios. I connect to my modem (which has a built in wireless router) wirelessly with my laptop. I have a hard ethernet connection between my desktop (running XP) and the modem/router.

Before now, everything was fine. However, I was forced to reformat my desktop. Now my desktop will not access the internet. The tech who set everything up did not leave any discs or software. Nor do I know how he set up my connection.

Did you just post the same question here? Posting the same issue as different users will not help get a quicker answer.

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_Internet&thread.id=4959

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@prisaz wrote:

@egodbois wrote:

Hi,

Did you just post the same question here? Posting the same issue as different users will not help get a quicker answer.

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_Internet&thread.id=4959

Sorry same user just posted twice. My BAD.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner
In order to avoid board clutter, we ask that you post your topic on one board only.
Please look ---> HERE for replies to your topic. Thank you.
0 Likes