Re: KRACK WiFi vulnerability
jonjones1
Legend
Re: G1100 firmware versions
VerizonSheep
Enthusiast - Level 1

When will Verizon be releasing updated firmware for the G1100? Currently this router's WPA2 is easily crackable. Please advise when we should expect a firmware update.

joeowen

+1 interested

0 Likes
Fios wireless routers and KRACK
Kahn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

When is Verizon going to patch it's routers to prevent the KRACK exploit?

0 Likes
GAR123
I contacted Verizon Tech Support. They replied that "The Quantum router is not affected by the WPA2 vulnerability". I requested a written statement to that effect, let's see if I get it.
0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@VerizonSheep wrote:

When will Verizon be releasing updated firmware for the G1100? Currently this router's WPA2 is easily crackable. Please advise when we should expect a firmware update.

No it is not. Read the article I posted below. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend
0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@GAR123 wrote:
I contacted Verizon Tech Support. They replied that "The Quantum router is not affected by the WPA2 vulnerability". I requested a written statement to that effect, let's see if I get it.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31659629-Will-Verizon-release-a-fix-for-the-new-WiFi-vulnerability

May not affect verizon routers.

0 Likes
WPA2 Hack
msn3

Does anyone know whether Vz has distributed a firmware upgrade for its WiFi routers to address the WPA2 hack?

0 Likes
KRACK WiFi exploit fix for Actiontec routers
twirlz1

With the news of the KRACK WiFi exploit for WPA2, I'm curious if there will be a patch for the routers we have.  I checked the firmware for it last night and it's using firmware from 2016 I believe.  I know a lot of the problem is the clients of the router and not the router itself, but I've seen news about other  router providers having patches for their routers as well and nothing from Actiontec.

Will there be an update?

Thank you.

0 Likes